Corinthia Hotel London
US$286
US$266
Hilton
  • Restaurant
K+K Hotel George(London)(Great Value!)
US$135
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$245
US$309
US$292
2,711 results
All reviewsbassoon barnorthall restaurantafternoon tealobby loungetrafalgar squarethermal floorespa spasleep podswalk in closetamazing spaembankment tube stationheated floorsbeautiful hotellondon eyerain showersteam roomturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed at the Corinthia for three nights in May. We chose it because of its location and its room size. Our bathroom was huge and well-appointed. The bedroom was also amply proportioned and comfortable. We didn't have any view - our room faced an adjacent section of the hotel which seemed to be under construction - but we didn't expect a view. There was some slight construction noise during the day, but nothing at night.

The hotel's policy of having a room ready whenever you arrive is great because it means you don't have to wait until 3 or 4pm to get into your room. We arrived around 1 or 2 pm and were shown to our room immediately.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Shortly after arrival, I was trying to get online on my cellphone (free wireless!) and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Just then there was a knock at the door. A hotel employee was standing there with his laptop asking, "are you having any trouble getting online?" Wow! After I answered in the affirmative he went away for a few minutes and then came back to make sure that he had fixed the system. He had. I was impressed.

The only negative we experienced was in the restaurants. We ate at Massimo for dinner and at The Northall for breakfast and we found that the food at Massimo was good but not great (some dishes were excellent and some were just ok), and the portions were sometimes disproportionately small (to the price). The service was laughably bad. Breakfast at The Northall was nothing special and it was expensive for what it was. The next day we went to Starbucks and spent much less, and got much more.

Even though our dining experience at Massimo wasn't stellar, the musical group was! Although the musicians were all very young they were playing "vintage" type songs (maybe from the 20's or 30's?) and it was most enjoyable.

I would go back to the Corinthia but I'm not sure I'd eat in the restaurants (unless the group was playing at Massimo). On other nights we ate at Nopi and at the Savoy Grill and in both cases the service was incredible, so I don't think it is a case of me having outlandish expectations of service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank frogprince
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our bedroom and bathroom offering and found them to be both well-appointed and a good size. In our dedication to keeping the hotel in pristine order, we do sometimes have maintenance taking place at regulated times throughout quieter periods. I do hope that this did not inconvenience your stay. I am very pleased to hear that you appreciated our 24 hour check in/check out policy – we recognise that our guests really do appreciate this flexibility and it is something that sets us apart from the competition. I was also delighted to read that you found our team friendly and efficient and that we were able to resolve the wifi issue speedily for you.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our restaurant offerings – I will certainly make a point of sharing your comments with my team as it is only with your valuable feedback that we can improve the product and service we offer. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the musical entertainment that features regularly in Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar.

I do hope to welcome you back to Corinthia Hotel London and that you will give our restaurants another try. Again, thank you very much for your feedback.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Spent in Corinthia 4 days in May 2012. Hotel is very nice located - no matter if you want to walk, go by taxi or take a tube... Embankment tube station is just 3-5 minutes by walk. In my case it was useful considering Diamond Jubilee celebrations starting so many streets were closed.
Service is excellent. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had some issues with taxi to go airport and concierge just did his best to help me. Thanks a lot!
Interior is just impressive. Really loved it. If you go to a round hall where afternoon tea is being served please attention to the impressive Baccarat Chandelier! It looks like a piece of art.
Room nice and cosy, very comfortable ( I had a Superior Queen Room). And big of course which is important especially in UK where sometimes even in expensive hotels rooms are just have a size of a shoebox:) And one more thing - no noise. Rooms have good sound isolation, so you don't hear anything which could irritate.
Bathroom with lots of light and with a TV. Which I found very nice. Bed was just excellent - so rested well.Every evening I got chocolate candies in my room from Harrods...after that I felt like my stay there was even more sweet...
Breakfast - good choice for healthy breakfast or some more classy continental one... Everything is fresh and tasty. Lots of fresh fruit.
Really recommend to visit a hotel SPA as it's just fantastic... They have everything to relax mixed in great interior where every detail is making you even more happy.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MoscowAlexandra

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed our very central location and that you were able to travel easily during the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations. I was also pleased to hear that our Concierge team were able to assist you in getting to the airport – we certainly do our very best to help our guests in any way we can. The beautiful Baccarat Chandelier is a very special feature of the Lobby Lounge where guests can enjoy our delicious afternoon tea. We believe our bedrooms provide both comfortable and luxurious accommodation and I am pleased you feel we have achieved the right balance here. All of our guest bathrooms do have the fabulous Lowe televisions built into the wall above the bath tub, which is a great feature. How nice to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast offering in The Northall restaurant – we recognise the importance of providing a wide variety of breakfast options to meet our guests’ needs, including the preferences of the many international visitors we welcome to Corinthia London. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and we do hope to welcome you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Great place, great location, great service. No problems. Everyone very courteous and helpful.
After you check in the reservation person then comes around the desk and physically escorts you to your room; now that is the way to start the visit. Normally in most hotels the desk person points you in some direction towards the elevators and hollars NEXT.
Do you think the newspaper business is dying in the USA? Not so in England. As you check in the reservationist asks you what paper you would like delivery to your room each morning: London Times? USA Today? Financial Times? 30 other local newsapers and tabloids (you know those juicy little papers you wouldn't want most people seeing you read). And it is no problem changing your paper request at any time.

Room Tip: Our room one flight up, right on the corner was geat - no noise to speak of.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ribbaz
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so glad we were able to make you feel welcome when you arrived. We like all our guests to be shown to their room and to make sure that they are comfortable in their surroundings. Corinthia Hotel London often has international visitors and to make them feel more at home we offer a wide range of newspapers. I am glad to hear that this service has been appreciated and I hope you were able to take advantage of it.

We shall look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 June 2012

hard to choose a London 5 star hotel? well look no further!
Awesome hotel, with genuinely excellent service. You really cant fault it, on anything. Stayed in hundreds of "these type" of hotels and this was right up there on every level. From the exceptional check-in service from Jamie, who brilliantly made us feel welcome and relaxed, to the incredible spa (really is something to behold!) the wonderful rooms with luxury throughout. You hear it a lot, but if this is the type of hotel you are considering, dont worry, you will not be dissapointed on any level.
Enjoy, we did!

Room Tip: id stay away from a courtyard room, only because they are slightly darker than others, but they are all lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jase_Ruth

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed by the hotel. We aim to exceed the expectations of our guests and I hope you felt we accomplished this. To get a mention by name is a great achievement and I know Jamie will be delighted with your kind comments. Our Front Office team do a wonderful job and always make our guests feel welcome when they arrive. ESPA Life at Corinthia is our award winning next generation Spa and is situated over four floors. The wonderful interiors have been designed by GA Design International and reflect the peacefulness of what is on offer. I hope you will return soon to indulge in a Spa treatment.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Beautifully designed, comfortable rooms, great service, terrific location. There's really very little not to gush about the Corinthia. Even though it was obvious by the crowd outside the doors that there were celebrities staying there, we were treated with the best care and attention anyone could ask for. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. All of our guests are equally important and we aim to make each individual’s stay the best if can possibly be so I am delighted to read your kind comments about the service your received. We shall very much look forward to your return.

Kind regards