“The Crown Jewel”

US$34.97*
Tower of London Entrance Ticket Including Crown Jewels and Beefeater Tour
US$102.95*
and up
Royal London Walking Tour Including Early Access to the Tower of London and...
US$98.72*
London City Sightseeing Tour Including Tower of London and City of London
Ranked #3 of 1,749 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of London's most famous landmarks, the historic Tower houses the Crown Jewels, the prison cell of Sir Walter Raleigh, known as the Bloody Tower, and the Chapel of St. John and the Royal Armories.
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I spent couple of hours visiting the Towel of London and it was a great experience. I really enjoyed the tour and the narration of the story behind it. And of course, the best part was that I got to see those magnificent jewels of the present and past Queens. It's definitely worth seeing.

Write a ReviewReviews (51,160)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Quite a lot of money to get in and you have to pay extra for the audio guide thingy but it was worth it and we spent over 4 hours interested and educated! Good day out.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was a family trip as a birthday present for me and had a great day. Being older, things always strike me as being expensive now, but we booked in advance via GoldenTours.com and I think £16.57 for an Adult ticket and £8.29 for a child is good value. Take the Beefeater tour (Yeoman Warders Tour). You might be lucky and have the same guide as us. Fabulous and entertaining talk right through the tour. We were there on Saturday 14th December and it wasn't at all crowded. Plenty of room and time to see every thing. It would be a different matter during the Summer Season, though.
I last visited 50 years ago and I'm glad I got round to going back.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

When maintaining the site they don't stick with that period in time. To expensive. No parking nearby.

1  Thank 1JAM1
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I'm not sure why the Tower of London gets a bad rap for being "overrated". Yes it's fairly small compared to some castles, but has an immense amount of history. The crown jewels alone are worth seeing. I would recommend starting the day with the Yeoman Warder's tour (included in admission) and then picking out where you want to go. The castle also offers some great views of Tower Bridge.

1  Thank TravellingTarHeel