“Luxury in the West End”

The Stafford London
Ranked #20 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I absolutely love The Stafford Hotel . It is quite simply the best 5 star hotel in London. Conveniently located between St James' St and Green Park , ideal for anyone visiting London whether that be business or leisure.

The famous American Bar is a must visit with a great cigar terrace in a private courtyard. They have just launched a brand new restaurant , The Game Bird, which I have not tried yet but have heard great reviews so far.

A special mention to Stuart Proctor, the GM and all the staff for always making me feel at home .

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank qunmber
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Dear qunmber - Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy The Stafford and in particular The American Bar and our cigar terrace. The Game Bird is a fantastic addition to the hotel and is indeed getting rave reviews. I hope you will have the opportunity to dine there very soon, and we look forward to welcoming you home in the near future. Kind regards Stuart.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed 17 April 2017

An hotel of graet charm in a quiet central area.
a great service frome the friendly stuff.
The food we had at the bar and the resturant was very tasty.
they clean the room twice a day and meet your need in every possible way.
I will definitely returne to the Stafford!

Room Tip: I had a lovely king delux room, but could'nt open the window to have a fresh air because of a no...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Shira A
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Shira A - thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and received such great service from the staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards Stuart.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I got a chance to travel to London after a business trip. I planned to stay at both a British boutique hotel and an American brand name hotel during my three day visit. Stafford caught my eyes because the interior design and concierge awards, and it went beyond my expectation!
The room is lovely and cozy. Every detail of the building just made an architecture nerd such as me fall in love. The American Bar brought a touch of the rich culture of the hotel.
The best part about the hotel is the staff. Everyone is a joy to speak to. The concierge staff went above and beyond to help me planning my short trip in London. The personal attention is really something I can't find at a chain hotel. Definitely will come back here!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Melody W

Dear Melody W - I am absolutely delighted you have discovered The Stafford, and thrilled that we exceeded your expectations, The hotel has a fascinating history and we would love to show you our 380 year old cellars on your next visit. But I agree that the best part of the hotel is our team and I am so pleased you were made to feel welcome and found everyone a joy to speak to.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Stuart.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed three wonderful nights and enjoyed every minute. The hotel is luxurious, but that's not the hard part, is it? This hotel also had an unbeatable location--a quiet dead-end street with a back passage out to Green Park and Buckingham Palace on one side and easy access to all the West End attractions on the other. We made good use of the short walk to the Green Park tube station, and it was fun to see so many people sunning themselves in Green Park during the unusually fine weather.

The staff was friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed the hotel bar several times during our stay. We highly recommend The Stafford London!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark G
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Mark G - I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed three wonderful nights with us, and enjoyed our central location for exploring London.
I am delighted the team were friendly and helpful and looked after you so well and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards Stuart.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I recently stayed at the Stafford hotel and had a great experience. The staff at check-in were welcoming and polite and when I was shown to my room they made sure I was made aware of all the rooms features so I could fully enjoy my stay. The room was lovely - decorated in a modern style but felt very homely. The bed was very comfortable and as a result I had a great nights sleep. The bathroom was well equipped with nice products and lots of soft, fluffy towels! Check-out was as professional as my check-in experience and I look forward to staying at the Stafford again!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank claremurphy10

Dear claremurphy10 - Thank you for your review of the hotel following your recent stay.
I am delighted you received a warm welcome from the reception team and that you enjoyed our super comfy beds and fluffy towels.
We hope you will return for another visit soon. Kind regards Stuart.