US$289
US$119
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)
US$136
US$123
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$191
US$159
Pullman
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

US$121
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$149
US$139
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$154
US$135
Jesmond Dene Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$92
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$99
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$102
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,099 results
All reviewsafternoon teaclaridges barmayfair suitebond streetbottle of champagneevery member of staffthe ritzupgraded to a suiteluxury hotelbirthday treatan upgradeamazing hotellondon hotelhyde parkferafoyerfumoir
Reviewed 31 January 2010

We have just got back from a night at Claridge's celebrating our 10th anniversary - we were treated like VIPs from start to finish and had an amazing time!
When the doorman took our car to go and park it they must have informed reception in the 15 seconds it took us to walk into the hotel, a receptionist was waiting for us, addressed us by name and knew all about the occasion. We were very pleasantly surprised by the relaxed atmosphere, although 100% courteous and professional we were at ease throughout, from the bar at the Fumoir to manager at Gordon Ramsay's. We were spoilt rotten, complimentary champagne and chocolates in the room, everyone congratulating us etc etc. The Manager at GR's spent ages with us throughout the meal -without being a pain- and offered us a tour of the kitchen where he spent ages although was a busy night with over 150 covers.
Bedroom was large with a very luxurious and comfortable bed, bathroom was all marble, fabulous walk- in shower, as you would expect.
It was shockingly expensive but what a treat, we have been spoilt for life!

Reviewed 16 January 2010

This elegant, relaxed hotel was everything we thought it would be and more. The staff were attentive and the room with all it's original art deco features was stunning. There is free wireless in the room . A free cup of tea was sent to the room whilst are bags were delivered and we went back a week later with our 2 year daughter and they had put ballons in the room as they has asked in when we booked what she liked. We ran out of formula for our son and they went out 10.30 pm on a Sunday night to get some for him.
The only thing I would complain about was the 5 % service charge that was added on to our bill as we had tipped a lot whilst we were there. Also , 22 pounds for a pot of tea and two scones is crazy!!. We went to the George V in Paris after our stay here and Claidge's is a bargin compared to that place!!

2  Thank trollydollySydney
Reviewed 11 January 2010

Just got back from staying here for my wifes 30th birthday & was not dissapointed. Kept looking at lots of other hotels in London but kept coming back to Claridges. My wife & I love art deco so this was a big pull for this hotel. The check in was fantastic & loved the lifts that are still operated by a very smart man. The room (superior queen) was an ok size for London, although the bathroom was fantastic, huge bath & amazing shower, just what we needed as you never actually spend that long in the room. Breakfast was lovely & a must is afternoon tea their although you must book, even as a resident trying to book a month before we struggled for a table on a saturday.

Can't belive this hotel isn't higher up the tripadvisor rankings.

1  Thank simo111
Reviewed 6 January 2010

My partner and I went to London for a few days to see the sights and do some Christmas shopping. We stayed at the Corus Hotel at Hyde Park for 2 nights and stayed at Claridges for our final night as a treat.

We arrived at Claridges just after 12 where we were very warmly welcomed to the hotel by the staff. They noticed on our booking form we had requested no feather pillows and instantly they were changed before we got up to the room. We were given a little tour of the hotel by one of the front desk staff which was a nice little touch.

We had booked a Superior Queen size (there basic room). My first impression was wow! The staff spoke with us for a while about different amenities, what we were doing for dinner etc. They even offered us a complimentary glass of champagne. We however declined it and they left us to it. We had a walk in wardrobe, beautiful large marble bathroom with one of the best showers I have ever been in! And all the other finishing touches such as toiletries, robes, slippers etc.

However, after closer examination of the room, I noticed the carpet didn’t reach the walls; it was all frilly on the edges and not to clean either. I went for a lie down in bed to watch the television after my shopping trip and was very disappointed. The signal was shocking, it didn’t tell you what channel you were on. It as if they got the oldest television package available and put in our room. After spending a lot of money to stay here the least I would have expected was a half decent TV.

I went for a Swedish massage in the spa before dinner. I would highly recommend that if you can get the chance!! Was in a beautiful centre and the staff were fantastic.

We had dinner at Claridges Reading room. The setting was beautiful and staff very pleasant. We ordered our food (only main courses) and they managed to get my partners order wrong. I told them there was a mistake with the order and they did there absolute up most to get the problem sorted. Deeply apologetic and we even got drink each on the house. Once the order was sorted the food was delicious!!

We had booked online and there is a section where you can add items to your bill- flowers, chocolates etc. We had ordered them but they were not in our room when we arrived. It was only after dinner we realised this and therefore I went down to reception to say they were not there and that the charge should be taken off the bill. This was at 10.15pm and they were going to try and send them up. I said not to bother as it was late on in the day. Just as long as we didn’t get charged for it, and sure enough we didn’t. We went back to our room after a couple of drinks in front of the fire and there were 2 glasses of champagne and a box of chocolates as another apology for the cock up.

So overall the hotel is beautiful, fantastic location, very friendly staff. But unfortunately has unnecessary little problems that should be sorted to make it a flawless experience.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Larlie21
Reviewed 4 January 2010

I stayed at Claridges for 4 nights in the week before Christmas. After having looked forward to my stay for months, I was very disappointed. First of all the staff were unprofessional - this is clearly an institution trading on the basis of its reputation rather than its actual service. The doormen only held the front door sporadically, the loitering staff in the lobby seemed to serve no purpose other than to ignore the guests, the room service needed several reminders to come & collect the tray, etc etc. During my stay I injured my ankle and returned to the hotel on crutches. Not one of the staff noticed/cared, I had to push the heavy front door open myself, and no one offered to even help with my bags. Surely this is just basic good manners? But no one seems to have informed the staff at Claridges.
The concierge could not have been more irritated when I asked for a phone number, and couldn't even be bothered to make eye contact.
The room was OK - pretty tired decor, with chips in the paint etc. The soap tray fell off the wall on morning 1, and was not fixed till day 3, when it promptly fell off again. The buttons to call room service, valet etc did not work.
Finally the prices are outrageous - yes I know it's central London, and room charges were no surprise. But when I went to breakfast, I ordered toast - 2 lukewarm slices of white sliced pan arrived, for which I was charged the princely sum of 6.50 (USD 10.40). Hot chocolate was 5.25.
Finally when I left, the receptionist did not even ask if I had enjoyed my stay - just if I needed a car to the airport (134 pounds in case you were wondering).
I will never stay here again and will tell everyone I know to avoid it. Total letdown.
The management need to go to the Peninsula in Hong Kong to see how a really good 5* hotel operates.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo