Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,676 results
All reviews afternoon tea claridges bar mayfair suite iconic hotel every member of staff the ritz luxury hotel duty manager birthday treat an upgrade hyde park foyer fumoir doorman concierge bond connaught
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2018

The hotel is magnificent: grand proportions, historic, and renovated to meet the demands of 21st century travelers. Despite the grandness, there is always something interesting on a smaller scale to engage your attention---a floral arrangement, or a wall sconce, or an historic photograph of a previous visitor to the hotel---that makes you slow down and become a participant in the life of the hotel.

The staff is beyond outstanding; I cannot recall ever encountering a more pleasant, helpful, well-informed, and professional staff. Everyone from the doormen, to the elevator attendants, to the lobby, reception, and bar and dining staff, seemed to have a sixth sense that enabled them to anticipate our needs and respond to them before we knew we needed something.

Our bedroom was clean, quiet, and extremely comfortable. We loved the breakfast and afternoon tea service and the simple luxury of relaxing in the bar while discussing the day's events.

We eagerly look forward to returning to Claridge's as soon as possible.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SonjaWinston
Paul_H_Jackson, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear SonjaWinston,

Thank you for your charming and comprehensive review, which I have shared with everyone who helped make your recent stay so enjoyable and memorable.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Claridge’s, whenever your plans next being you to London.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Perfect decor, discreet, wonderful food and outstanding room service. Staff is perfection.

Bars are the best in London. Rooms and suites are all what you would wish for. Service is the key to the reputation which it has held for decades. Catering for private parties is the best in the world that I have sampled. If this review seems too good to be true, believe it

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank michaelRehwaldt

Dear michaelRehwaldt,

We are delighted you enjoyed your most recent stay and thank you for your kind comments, which I have shared with the entire team who are thrilled you had such an enjoyable sojourn and look forward to welcoming you back to Claridge’s on your next trip to London.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Over the years great hotels come and go. . Most 'classic' ones disintegrate a bit. Not Claridges. Any tiny issue or complaint is handled, fixed, and never surfaces again...ever. Over the years nothing could beat their location and history. Now, with a new pool in progress (~2020), a bustling Fumoir Bar as the hot spot in Mayfair, a new outside dining terrace on Brook St, and modernized renovated rooms (still the old world feel but stunning new amenities) it has everything anyone could want, along with the best address and position in town. The doormen always remember you, and every guest is treated like a beloved family member. It comes at a price, but you never feel you overspent a penny when you leave---you just want to return as soon as possible.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear roberg392,

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Claridge’s recently and I am delighted you approve of the newly renovated rooms, as well as our development plans. Thank you for your wonderful words of praise and for your loyal patronage.

Needless to say, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Claridge’s for many more years.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I was greatly looking forward to staying at Claridges after seeing the documentary inside Claridges and hearing many tales of its greatness. The facade of the building is very beautiful and the lobby is stunning. The hotel is very conveniently situated in the heart of Mayfair and all the staff I interacted with were exemplary (except for the guy who operated the elevator who was a bit snooty, his assistant was much nicer). Now for the negatives while I get that Claridges is going for the whole old world charm thing I don’t believe a dilapidated room without essentials such as USB charging ports to be particularly charming. There is a way to retain old world charm while updating facilities which many renowned hotels have done. The quality of the room was equivalent to a dodgy 4 star hotel. It lacked the basic amenities required for an entry level 5 star hotel and quite often things such as bathroom door locks were broken. The one thing I hated most about the room was the bathroom which at first glance was not too bad. It was spacious and decked out in marble. After which the annoying things were noticed, the faucet on the sink was attached to the basin meaning that you had to wash your hands right next to the basin (I don’t know if this was because this was an artistic choice or whether the fixture was extremely old). The shower head was really old and needed to be replaced. Worst of all there was no fan to let the steam out of the bathroom. The room was the biggest disappointment of the trip and we had originally planned to go back to Claridges after returning to London but were so disappointed with it that we cancelled that booking and spent our final two nights in Europe elsewhere. Also the breakfast was terrible, food quality was very poor.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Arush9
Paul_H_Jackson, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Arush9

Whilst I was pleased to learn you enjoyed many aspects of your recent stay, I was most concerned to read your comments regarding the standard of your accommodation for which please accept my most sincere apologies. We are constantly investing in all areas of the hotel and have a comprehensive programme to ensure all our rooms are of the highest standard; please accept my most sincere apologies that your accommodation was not of the standard to which you are accustomed and that we were unable to take appropriate measure to recover this shortfall during the course of your recent sojourn.

We cannot rest on our laurels and a truly great hotel, must never be complacent or fail to evolve and develop to ensure it consistently delivers incredible service and a memorable experience – I am truly sorry this was not the case on this occasion

Whilst I am unable to turn back the clock, I hope you will accept my assurance that your experience is not typical. I would welcome the opportunity to restore your image of Claridge's and would be grateful if you would contact me directly on pjackson@claridges.co.uk should you consider returning to Claridge’ so I may have the opportunity to do so.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

For such a famous hotel we were perhaps expecting a little more luxury. The room was small but well appointed. But a bit of a crush with all of our bags. I know Euro rooms are small though.

Breakfast was good, but very expensive

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank LizzyF10001

Dear LizzyF10001,

I was pleased you enjoyed your recent stay and am most grateful for your constructive comments which we have noted. May I ask that you kindly make your next reservation directly with my office on pjackson@claridges.co.uk so I can ensure we meet your expectations on every level in future.

With kind regards,