65 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$697
TravelocityUS$692
TripadvisorUS$692
AlgotelsUS$890
7,071 results
All reviews american bar beaufort bar thames foyer afternoon tea butler service iconic hotel river view memorable stay cocktail bar junior suite birthday treat turn down service every member of staff covent garden the ritz beautiful room london eye
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Just a bit of background, it was my friends birthday and we decided to take a trip to London to take in a show have a nice meal then a few cocktails, however on the day we went a close family member had been diagnosed with cancer and the operation was scheduled for the same day so to say I was worried was an understatement, I had make the discussion to go anyway as there was nothing I could do just waiting around and my friend and I had planned the trip beforehand.
So the day started out ok apart from ending up at the wrong restaurant (right name wrong location) ! Nice meal then realised the time and rushed to the theatre with minutes to spare. After the show we had thought this would be a great time for a cocktails and into the Savoy we went, (now remembering I was waiting for news of my family member my phone rang ) at the same minute the waiter came to take our order so I had pointed to the cocktail list my friend was looking at and chose the one I like the sound of, now in my defence I read the ingredients and that was all, the drinks came and it was lovely my friend didn’t like hers so much so the next round she had the same as myself, two hours had passed and we decided to get the bill and go home.
The bill came looking at it I thought well it’s a special occasion £89.60 we never do things like this so it’s a treat, HOWEVER second glance I couldn’t believe my eyes £890.60 OMG Panic started to set in then came hysterical laugh brought on by shock and How the hell are we going to pay for this!!!!.
Well THANKS to an amazing guy (I think his name was Chris) he was the manager on that day he not only reduced our bill without making us feel embarrassed and ashamed he was understanding and a real credit to the Savoy,I know in this world businesses just want your money but you not only made our day but bless you for your kindness. Normal people like us cannot afford to eat and drink at hotels like this, but it goes to show you care about the everyday person.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank sara b
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Sara0666,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Savoy. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and had a pleasant evening.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Just this weekend (9th June 2018.) I proposed to my partner Ffion at The Savoy.

It was 9 months in the planning and you could not beat it. It was just perfect!!!!

I wanted it to be a complete surprise for my partner and it most definitely was. I had numerous appointments with one member of staff and they went above and beyond anything I could expect, nothing was too much trouble.

I even emailed her asking for some advice about a small glitch that I had come across throughout the planing, a few days later I recived a response with a way round it.

To keep it a surprise I was even offered to drop the luggage off a week before our stay.

But what was truly amazing is the attention to detail, as I proposed, two members of staff wanted to make sure we captured the moment, one took photos while the other had a video of it. Then a bottle of champagne appeared to celebrate. During dinner our room was transformed with candles and rose petals and other treats. (Something again was just outstanding!)

But the bit that just topped it off, I was made aware that the member of staff that helped with the organisation of it and took the photos,was booked off on leave, YES she had come in on her day off, just for US.

We look forward to coming back and enjoying our big day with you!

2  Thank Any14T
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Any14T,

Firstly may I take this opportunity to wish your fiancée and yourself many congratulations on your recent engagement! Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Savoy. It is always such a pleasure to read about our customer's experiences, and we are delighted that all of your planning was so worthwhile and you had a truly amazing stay at the Savoy.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Savoy very soon, and helping you make more special memories.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We had a wonderful stay at the Savoy! From the moment we walked in we felt very welcomed. Everyone on the staff was so friendly and helpful. Jose, the concierge was especially wonderful to us. He helped me when I was in a bind. He also sent us a lovely amenity when he found out we were going to see the Harry Potter show.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
2  Thank 98corinnel

Dear 98corinnel,

We were delighted to read your kind comments following your recent stay with us - thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I was so pleased to hear that everything exceeded your expectations - at The Savoy we pride ourselves in delivering truly the most memorable of stays for all of our guests, and it is always so pleasing to have confirmation that we got this correct.

It is always so kind when a guests takes the time to highlight an individual for exceptional service, and I will have great pleasure in passing on your comments to Jose. I hope you enjoyed your evening at the theatre, and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon to enjoy another wonderful Savoy experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This is my favourite hotel in London. Beautiful decor, staff, rooms and the cocktail bars are incredible. It’s worth every penny to stay here.
The staff always go over and above to do anything for you which is to me a sign of a very good hotel.
The rooms are beautiful and the beds are the best hotel beds I’ve ever slept in.
I would highly recommend a stay here or coming here for afternoon tea, which is also incredible.

Date of stay: March 2018
4  Thank hannahkmitchison
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear hannahkmitchison,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Savoy. It is truly rewarding to hear such positive comments, and I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and the exceptional level of service my colleagues take such pride in.

We do hope you will return to The Savoy for another memorable experience very soon.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic service throughout our stay. Staff always available for all your requests. View from our balcony was fantastic and enjoyed having breakfast on it too. The interior of the hotel is nothing short of stunning.

1  Thank J2795RVmarkh

Dear Mark H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Savoy. It is always such a pleasure to read about our customer's experiences. Indeed my colleagues take the greatest of pride in ensuring our customers are made to feel comfortable, and enjoy the highest levels of service during their time with us. I am delighted we achieved this during your visit, and I will have great pleasure in sharing your feedback with the team.

I am so please you enjoyed your suite and the wonderful views across the Thames - we really are so lucky to be able to offer these from many of our rooms given our enviable central location in London.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for another Savoy experience very soon.