Draycott Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
The Hari(London)
Cheshams(London)
View Hotel
All reviewssloane squaredrawing roomkings roadcadogan gardenspeter jonescomplimentary afternoon teahome away from homegas fireprivate gardenchelsea areahonor barenglish charmcharming hotelenglish hotelhonesty barsitting areachelsea flower show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Personal service, the feeling of visiting a private house. Enjoyed sitting in front of the fire with great selection of books and magazines. Perfect bar, and extremely charming rooms. Just wanted to stay longer!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Melissa S, General Manager at Draycott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 371sigmundk

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent stay. We hope to welcome you back again in future, perhaps for a longer visit.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Hotel in convenient location with large room and comfy sitting area in front of the fire. Afternoon tea and Champagne in the evening before dinner were enjoyable additions. We had dinner in our room and breakfast in the dining area, both were excellent. But most of all a big thank you to all the staff who made a pleasant break into a really great stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear James A

I'm pleased you found the hotel's location to be convenient and were able to make the time to enjoy some of the complimentary services we provide for guests.

It was a pleasure to host you and I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team who I know will appreciate them.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We had a wonderful rom with a fireplace and severl couches and chairs. This was an upgrade whichh just came our way. We were delayed a day in arriving (flight cancelled) but had to nonetheless pay 1/2 of the room price for the day we lost. So be careful about showing up on the day of your reservation. Staff was great and always there to help us. Chanpagne in the sitting room was a treat. If you're looking for glitz, this is not your destination. But if you want the old school Edwardian feeling, then this is your place. We loved it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank williamtilghman

Dear Williamtilghman

It was our pleasure to host you on your recent visit. Whilst I'm sorry to hear about your delay I'm delighted we were able to accommodate you in an alternative room that exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Readers, my very first post on Trip Advisor was to review the Draycott, when I pleaded with you not to tell your friends about the magic behind the splendid facade of No26 Cadogan Square Gardens. Well, thankfully, not a lot has changed in the last 10 years. My wife, her friends, my parents and myself have been several times separately, although this is only the second time my wife and I have together. I chose Grenfell on the 3rd floor, up, of course, multiple flights of stairs on different staircases and through several doors (undeniably part of the charm). The room was fabulous inside and out, particularly when awakening to fresh snow (rarely in London) in the gardens below and the roofs around us. Breakfast, as always, is simple but well presented, although I preferred the old location of the breakfast room which overlooked the street. The staff, of course, have inevitably also changed over the years Those 10 years ago had somehow (and unforgettably) worked out my name, before I reached the reception desk (an actual desk, of course) or uttered a word, and remembered it on subsequent visits. The current staff weren’t quite that sharp, but are courteous and helpful. Afternoon tea, champagne at 6 and late night hot chocolate remain.

I’m delighted that it’s still a very special oasis from the hustle of the city. The tradition that is the Draycott is very important to me. It’s crucial that the staff stay focused and on top of every detail. The missing newspaper one day didn’t irk me.

This time, I’ll sign off with the same plea as I did those years ago.

Please, don’t tell your friends how wonderful is The Draycott. Keep it a secret...

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Limbic_Candy

Thank you for taking the time to kindly review your recent stay - even though you want to keep it a secret. It was a pleasure to read how the hotel has evolved since your last visit too. I'm delighted you feel the Draycott has retained a lot of its original charm - both in terms of decor and service - and you were able to make the most of some of our complimentary services.

We hope you plan to stay again in future.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

You know how if you stay at the same place frequently it becomes “too familiar “ and you notice little things that don’t work right? Well, I report with quiet satisfaction that this is NOT the case with this hotel. All is as I remember - the afternoon tea, the rooms, the service, the garden. And, there must be some kind of rule that loud, insistent people avoid this hotel, making for a quiet breakfast and pleasant time in the common rooms.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 467lizl
Melissa S, General Manager at Draycott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear 467lizl

Thank you for this wonderful review. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay and felt our service and facilities have maintained the standards you expect from the hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,