“Great food, staff and atmosphere!”
Review of Crown and Sceptre

Crown and Sceptre
Ranked #104 of 1,328 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The Crown and Sceptre is a great place to dine or just to relax. A beautiful pub, restaurant and hotel with verve and style. Our kitchen offers British & Italian cookery to the highest standard, made by a dedicated team of professionals. Always fresh, always excellent. Our boutique hotel offers a rare mix of classic London hospitality and luxury en-suite accommodation from £90 which allows our guests to feel relaxed and refreshed for the next day at the exhibition hall.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This pub was a gem of a find which we discovered purely by accident. We're glad we went for a wonder. We ate here on a Friday night. The staff, particularly our waiter (Carl?), was fantastic. Attentive, efficient and very friendly. The atmosphere of the place was electric. Busy, but comfortable.The food was beautiful. Staying locally for an event we tried to go back the next night, but it was really busy, so after waiting a while for a table we decided to give up, which was a shame. We know next time to go earlier on a Saturday night. It was also quiz night associated with the event we attended which added to the pub's popularity that evening. Sorry that we gave up to our nice waiter, from the night before, who spotted us and knew we were waiting. We could see you were really busy. We can't wait to eat here again next time we're in the area.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

The pub is lovely then you enter a dirty, dark corridor and stairs up to your room. The room was small with chipped paintwork and not as boutique as advertised. The shower area is brilliant. Nice and modern. The breakfast is very poor. A few slices of meat and cheese, bread, yoghurt and a poor bowl of soft fruit that needed binning! It was so hot when we stayed that we didn't dare eat the unrefrigerated meats and yoghurt which were warm, also the cheese had melted. Disgusting! Coffee and tea was good, but the price is far too high for the rooms.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here 2 years ago and decided upon visiting London again to stay here. We weren't disappointed the room is large and spacious it's an old building so there's a bit of paint missing here and there but I think it adds to the character of the place. There is a private entrance to get to the room although you can cut through the bar.

The staff are brilliant, continental breakfasts aren't really my thing so we only had it once. But we are here of an evening once and the food is great, we sat outside and the waitress was polite and kept asking if we needed drinks so I never got up once.

They were helpful for recommendations and I would stay here again.

It's been a pleasure!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews but after the food we had on 17th July 2017 I thought if they don't get feedback then they won't know how poor their food was. I was told that there was only 1 meat pie left so decided to have it. It was the driest meat Pie I have ever tasted. It seems it may have been sitting around for the best part of the day. The service was good but after the food was delivered no one could be seen. On paying, no one asked how my meal was as I can only assume they would know my response. Normally good food as I have been their before. Our waiter said it was a new menu and this was the first day of it. Not impressed at all.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 July 2017

This b&b is in a good location and within easy access to the tube station. We arrived to stay one night and was expecting quite a bit for the £140 we paid the pub is really nice and decorated to high standard but the rooms were less than impressive. Leading up to our room the narrow dark staircase could of done with a good lick of paint the themed continued the carpets in the bedroom were worn out and buckled and paint was peeling on the window sill. The bathroom was the best bit modern and up together. The next day as I turned on the bedside light I was shocked to see it had a massive hole in it I'm sure not keeping with health and safety. The next morning we arrived for our continental breakfast which was again disappointing just a few slices of meat tiny bit of cheese left and a bit of a poor looking fruit bowel. My partner is a coeliac so is gluten intolerant this pub offers no gluten free food both on their bar menu or breakfast menu. I had high hopes for this place but sadly it did not deliver

1  Thank FranM1978