Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from US$32.36
from US$272.48
from US$81.29
19,459 results
All reviews food hall department store christmas shop shopping experience buy something princess diana afternoon tea worth a visit for sale shoppers gifts merchandise shoes clothing maze pounds
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2021

AVOID THE HAIR SALON Here is what happened to me:
I inquired on the phone if they stock a certain brand of permanent hair dye and if they had a colourist specialised for that brand. They confirmed that they had.
I booked a consultation with the said colour specialist. We discussed and agreed on the shade and I made an appointment for the following week and paid to secure the booking.
I arrived for my appointment and a colourist (other than the one I was booked with) showed up saying she was going to dye my hair. I reminded her that I was booked with another colourist but I was told my colourist was busy and I would have to wait for min 45 minutes and they didn't have the shade I chose anyway! I requested to talk to the manager at that stage.
Manager apologised but she couldn't give me a satisfactory answer as to what had happened. She just said she didn't know what happened!
I asked for a solution as I was under time pressure and told them I could perhaps choose a different shade if they showed me the chart.
Few minutes later, the manager and the colourist (not the one I was booked with) came with the chart in hand. However, this was the chart for semi-permanent shades and it turned out that they didn't stock the permanent shades anyway!!!
Both the colourist and the manager were quite dismissive and nonchalant. The colourist was even attempting me to coerce me to accept/choose from the semi-permanent range!!!
I told them I knew what I wanted and was very specific about it and I explained it clearly right from the beginning.
I found the way they tried to coerce me to accept whatever was available, rather than offering me what I wanted very insulting. Their dismissive, 'we understand your frustration' type of cliche approach rather than offering a real solution was very infuriating. The last drop was the manager telling me they would refund the booking payment as if she was offering a gratuity!!!
The result is a complete waste of time without any compensation.
AVOID THIS SALON! THEY DON'T HAVE AN EFFICIENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM and THE MANAGER IS INCOMPETENT.

3  Thank daA9688CE
Harrods_Manager, Manager at Harrods, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi,

We are sincerely sorry to hear of this experience at our Hair and Beauty salon, this certainly does not reflect the high level of service which we aim to provide to all of our customers.

Rest assured that your feedback will be recorded and passed on to the relevant teams to ensure that this lapse in service does not occur in the future. Please feel free to contact us at customer.service@harrods.com should you wish to discuss your experience further.

- Harrods Customer Service

Reviewed 18 July 2021

We first started shopping at Harrods 20 years ago. It was always a real treat for us to go to Harrods. It had English upper class atmosphere, the uniformed doormen were like proper English butlers. Their staff were all professionals, knew all about their products, well groomed and their service was impeccable. Harrods itself was divided into departments whose vast halls were either richly opulent, classic English, ancient Egyptian or tastefully modern elegance but all simply oozing with old world wealth. The best part of Harrods for us were the food halls, with its smells of freshly cooked, roasted or baked goods, making each hall a sensory delight. Each large station had seating for dining, corner stations of sushi, dim sum, arabic grills, fresh seafood, English roasts. Each had something unique that could not be bought anywhere else. Then the halls of cheese, coffee, chocolate, sweets, biscuits, desserts and bakery (near one of their exits). No one could resist the smells of freshly baked goods dominating that hall. All their desserts and petit fours were topped with Harrods stamped in mini oblong chocolate pieces. They had huge wonderful display centrepieces of fresh fruit, seafood or other food at the entrances of each hall, real artistry. Since ownership changed in2010, there is now none of that. None. Harrods is now just a facade of its old self. Inside it is all like a generic American supermarket which sells overpriced goods. There is no character inside, their products do not reflect any pride or desire to be a cut above other offerings in London. The staff are still wonderful but the soul of Harrods is gone. There is no Harrods feel in each of their halls or in every single Harrods product. Even their food stations are tiny, cramped with only a fraction of their previously luxurious and varied offerings. Selfridges has more classiness and culture than Harrods now. Very disappointed. Would not recommend a visit there. It is no longer a must see experience of London.

3  Thank Damian M
Reviewed 15 July 2021 via mobile

We visitors Tom Kerridge fish Restaurant in Harrods dining hall 3 haddock & chips 2 cokes and a Harrods larger £144 ! Average at best and vastly overpriced

Date of experience: June 2021
1  Thank stuartm169
Reviewed 15 July 2021

We went to Christian Louboutin, a lady named Pauline served us who was very helpful, we ended up spending a lot more than we anticipated due to her polite and kind service! This woman deserves a raise!

Date of experience: July 2021
Harrods_Manager, Manager at Harrods, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2021

Hi,

We are delighted to hear of your recent experience at our Christian Louboutin boutique, and will be sure to pass your comments along to Pauline and their manager!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to the store again soon.

- Harrods Customer Service

Reviewed 13 July 2021

Went to Harrods to buy a Doll picked the right door in and up the stairs.
Staff where OK and the buying went well
I find that the people shopping there could do better with manners
It does take all kinds.. But still a good shop..