Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from US$33.62
from US$283.06
from US$84.45
19,440 results
All reviews food hall department store egyptian escalator food court is christmas shop food section beautiful store shopping experience window shopping buy something under one roof afternoon tea worth a visit for sale shoppers dodi gifts
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

Lovely as always. Only downside was the Princess Diana statue has gone now.

Got a few bits the food hall is lovely with some reasonably priced items.

1  Thank Hayleyd87
Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

I always visit Harrods when I go to London. I love the shop and the atmosphere there. I particularly like the food halls, it's like stepping back in time.

Every time I visit I always buy something in the gift shop. It's lovely browsing there for gifts for friends. On this particular visit I was very lucky to find an exceptional lady to help and advise. Her name is Jennifer Henry. She was so helpful and pleasant it made the experience even more enjoyable. I hope she's there when I next visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

The store has a nice upmarket feel. The food hall is very nice and has some lovely food there if you’re loaded or just looking to splash a lot of cash. Also, crucially, the toilets are very nice and clean did you need a waz.

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

Back when I was aged 6-12, almost every year I would travel to London during the autumn half term with my family and the highlight was always the Harrod’s Toy Kingdom! A whole enormous area to wander around and explore, where you lose time looking at the soft toys and a display of moving animals, watch the miniature trains going round a track, where demonstrators would drive past in miniature cars, where you could also play with some of the toys. A whole enchanted land of toys to explore.

So you can imagine my excitement at taking my own 5 year old son yesterday.. but… where did the open plan layout go?! Instead we are encouraged to walk from neon coloured oblong room to neon coloured oblong room, where you end up at a dead end and have to turn around and retrace your steps past all the toys you’ve just seen. There is no option to choose your route and just wander.

Each room is not large enough for the demonstrators to adequately show off their toys around the large bulky display furniture with only 3/4 large items on each. I was so disappointed I could have wept. You only have to look at Google images to see what it used to be. I understand the current configuration was done in 2018… I guess I was 3 years too late to relive my magical childhood experience.

1  Thank ZoeRyall
Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

Harrods has always been busy, but this trip on a Thursday afternoon was a leisurely one, no major queues, no crowds in the food hall, the best service from the tea emporium, the best service from the bakery who sliced our Harrods Signature Sourdough and our Montgomery Cheddar and Cumin loaves, we also had the most beautiful Nocerella olive breadsticks from the bakery (they stayed fresh long enough to enjoy the following day in Kew Botanical Gardens).

The cashiers were polite and friendly, the various employees dotted around the building tried to help us find our way.

The Harrods cafe was quiet and comfortable, there was no rush, no hurry, no eat drink and get out. We enjoyed the Harrods Chocolate Truffle and a Braffle with salted butter and England's finest Tiptree jam. When some chocolate was accidentally spilled onto a white linen blouse a customer service assistant very kindly fetched wet wipes to get it out so it wouldnt stain.

Sadly since visiting some 15 years ago as a teenager, the toy department has changed drastically, it's now more like Smyths toys, brightly coloured pods with a different collection in each, pink for barbie, yellow for Lego etc, gone were the sweeping walls filled with plush toys, gone were the swathes of teddies and Steif bears that adorned a large open plan room. Display boards with completed jigsaws missing from view. Hidden from sight. Lost in the toy box.

Another staple we failed to find was the Ice Cream Parlour, we have such fond memories of ordering the most expensive ice cream on the menu, alas a repeat was not to be. Nor was finding the Harrods branded teddies, tote bags, aprons, fridge magnets and other novelties of giftware.

Michael, a kind older Gentleman from Camberwell, spoiled us, at the end of our shopping he kindly opened door 3 and reminisced with us on the grander times when the pet shop was the pride of Mr Al-Fayed, when you could spot him among the finery, when Madame Tussauds had a display on the top floor near the terrace, and he kindly took control of mums wheelchair, offered to call a cab, and then walked us back to our car which was parked outside on the corner of Basil street. Michael was dressed in the full Harrods Doorman uniform on the hottest day of the year, his attention to presentation and his seeing a Lady with disabilities as a person, not merely the mobility aid she uses did not go unnoticed. Michaels kindness - whether part of his job description or not - was gratefully received.

We will definitely return, and look out for Michael and the bakery team.