“Awful bar”

Ranked #12,897 of 24,672 Restaurants in London
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you like a bar that runs out of pints and people doing drugs in the toilet, then this is the place for you. Bar ran out of draught beers and when I went to use the toilet, the door was being held closed. When I was let in the lads in there were finishing snorting whatever they were snorting. Great location for a bar but bit scummy - wouldn't go back

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

As we entered or at least tried too on a Friday night we were told very forcefully not to go in and use the other day, however throughout the night both days shared the same purpose and the hostility in his voice scared me.

Bar was rammed, music was too loud couldn’t hear a thing.

We left early and Went home.

I walked past the next day just after midday and saw it differently. Once you don’t have a heard of people in there and some idiot playing rubbish songs it comes across okay. Also minus the so called bouncers. I went for a bit of food and a pint.

Needless to say I seriously regret having that food and giving it another go. Over priced garbage, dry and burnt, fries stoned cold.

I’d go to Nando’s next time

1  Thank jhughes792
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We returned to Babel. Service was super. Raz, the barman was very atentive, helpful and kind. We would defenitely go back again. We highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

this venue is great for food & party.
me and my friends went in for early dinner & drinks and ended up staying for the rest of the night !
shared few starters ,wings,ribs & nachos are to die for not to mention the buttermilk chicken burger !
this place is also great value for money - house wine for under £20.00, in clapham ?! not to mention the cocktails !staff are always nice and offer service with a smile !
definitely recommend the place whether going out for lunch , dinner or party !

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We popped in for a drink at 9.30pm on Friday night. The bar staff struggled to hear our order and the bar itself was full of very drunk Danish guys that looked under age and should clearly have been thrown out, even if only because they were so disruptive.

1  Thank Paul R
Faucet I, Marketing & Digital Content Executive at Babel Clapham Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Hi Paul

Thank you for your feedback.

We're terribly sorry to hear that your visit was not a great one and we hope that you might return and give us a chance to restore your faith in us.

Kind regards