“Timeless elegance and Michelin star food”

The Goring Dining Room
Ranked #247 of 25,280 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Description: Located in the exclusive area of Belgravia, The Dining Room is an elegant setting for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Under the expert guidance of Executive Chef Shay Cooper, the menu of refined British food using the finest quality produce has attracted great interest on the London restaurant scene. Bathed in natural light by day and sumptuously aglow with custom Swarowski chandeliers at night, this David Linley designed restaurant has a special ambience to accompany the fine cuisine. Alongside an extensive wine and Champagne menu carefully selected by the Head Sommelier, the Bar & Lounge offers an irresistible cocktail list. With a menu that boasts Romney Marsh lamb, glazed lobster omelette, Scottish halibut and Beef Wellington, The Dining Room offers inspiring, delectable British cuisine and an indulgent dessert menu to suitably round off lunch or dinner. A truly special restaurant experience in the heart of Belgravia, The Dining Room at The Goring is within easy reach of London' finest theatres, luxurious department stores and boutique designer shops.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I just love the dining room at The Goring. Tables discretely apart, linen tablecloths and napkins, sommelier hovering, staff well trained and always such wonderful food. This time my guest and I enjoyed a generous glass of the Ayala house champagne (£8.00) whilst perusing the menu. My starter was veal tartare with beautifully crisp straws supplemented by wonderfully fresh homemade breads. For our mains, we both chose my favourite Lobster Omelette with twice cooked chips and a little pot of Caesar salad. The omelette was perfectly cooked so the deep inside was still just a bit runny. The chips were crisply browned on the outside - perhaps I would have liked rather more salad than was offered. A large glass of sauvignon blanc proved a delightful accompaniment. The set lunch was great value at £52.00pp even if we did not manage a pudding between us.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This was a very special family occasion after an investiture at Buckingham Palace, chosen for its proximity and historic connections to the Royal Family. A very high level of attentiveness from the staff communicated care rather than fussiness. The menu was inventive, portions were beautifully presented on the plate, and we were allowed to linger at our table long after the other diners had left. Not cheap (£100 per person all inclusive) but fully worth it.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Having dined at many fine dining restaurants, I would say this place is nice but does not live up to its Michelin star rating.

The waiters are friendly however, we were at one point waiting for approximately an hour between the starter and main course. The food itself is presented well but the flavours are basic. The lamb main course was standard and lacked flavour/seasoning.

Overall a nice venue with friendly staff that serves basic food not worthy of a michelin star.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Haven’t been here for a number of years and I cannot see why I haven’t. The service is second to none, to food is fantastic and well worth visiting.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

My friend and I went on a "meal deal" menu which was £51 including a glass of champagne, overall the the meal came to £90 each, once we added a bottle of wine, coffees, an extra vegetable and service. We both enjoyed our first and main courses, but neither of us liked our dessert. Portions were not very big, but enough for us. Service was erratic, early in the evening when it was quieter the staff were over attentive, we were asked what we had been doing during the day twice within 5 minutes by two different people, and several times we were asked if everything was alright and we had to swallow to reply. On the other hand when we wanted the bill there was nobody to be seen! What with that and having to queue for ages in the toilets before we left (what are people doing in there? checking their phones?) I missed my train. Lovely to try The Goring but probably wouldn't rush back.

1  Thank patric23