“A Jewel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Linkebeek, Belgium
“A Jewel”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair several times and I must admit that this is my favourite Red Carnation hotel in London due to its location. The standard of service is impeccable and this applies to both the bar and restaurant staff as well as front of house. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the bathrooms excellent - or certainly the suites that we have stayed in have been. If you need a taxi on Sunday morning make sure that you warn the desk in advance rather than just expecting one to turn up on demand. Although a short walk to Oxford Street and Regent Street, the hotel is not on a main thoroughfare.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback from your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read that we were able to provide such exceptional service during you stay. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Wollongong
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the chesterfield on our honeymoon and couldn't have been happier with the beautiful hotel, excellent location and fantastic staff.

After a long flight from Australia via the USA we were greeted by cheery friendly staff and shown to our room on the 4th floor ( the "Chesterfield suite").
We found the room to be of a good size, nicely decorated with a beautifully fitted bathroom with spa bath and fluffy robes.
During our stay we made use of the hotels unbeatable location, walking everywhere in the city to visit the many tourist attractions, museums and galleries, as well as the great restaurants and shopping districts nearby. Its central location also made it a breeze to get the underground, buses or cabs if you wanted to go further afield.

We also enjoyed the meals from room service, the great spread for breakfast and we had an incredible meal at the in house 'Butlers" restaurant. The food was very modern british with an extensive (mostly french) wine list. The desserts were also excellent.

What really makes the chesterfield exceptional is the incredibly helpful and genuinely friendly staff. From the complimentary bottle of champagne, to the congratulations card signed by the GM and the entire staff, to the daily personal greetings. We were made to feel very special on this very memorable time of our lives.

I cannot recommend the chesterfield highly enough. It ticked all the boxes and scored me major points with the wife.

Room Tip: the Chesterfield suite was excellent.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay at The Chesterfield and that our beautiful Chesterfield suite was to your liking.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about your meals you enjoyed with us; I am sure our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Lovely old fashioned hotel, excellent location, beautiful rooms, not extortionately priced. Really happy with our stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your stay with us.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the room. Thank you highlighting what a brilliant location we have; I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another brilliant stay in the near future.

Calif.
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We booked this hotel thru Costco London/Paris vacation package and couldn't have been happier (great price/wonderful hotel). We normally just book any Hilton member hotel when traveling about so that we are never unpleasantly surprised, but we were so happy Costco had arrangements at the Chesterfield. Wonderful staff/facilities/restaurant & amenities and I really couldn't think of any complaints whatsoever, although we initially were slightly taken aback that the room was a little on the smallish side, but hey, that's the nature of older city hotels where space is at a premium i.e. it's what you do with the space, and here, the Chesterfield excels at making the most of the space with charming details. As far as location goes, couldn't be better: Mayfair (need I say more), close to tube, attractions and uncrowded restaurants a couple blocks away. Right down the street: is a coffee/pastry shop and the "Smart Mart" that stays open quite late is convenient for cheap treats & more importantly has an ATM (that I researched ahead of time) with 0 transaction fees for my particular international bank.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Solihull, England
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I recently stayed at The Chesterfield Mayfair for a birthday surprise for my 9 year old daughter. I had called in the previous weekend to have a little look around as we had stumbled by accident in to the Mayfair area due to bus traffic diversions. From the moment I walked in to reception we were greeted by such wonderful staff.

The front desk Manager, Jack, took time out to show me around the hotel and its rooms. I explained this was for a birthday treat to which he said he would try to get his very best room. He did not let me down!

I returned the following week with my daughter and once again was met by the most thoughtful of people. The Bellman, Englebert, immediately approached my daughter to greet her and offered her some sweets from the restaurant whilst I signed in. Jack once again came to greet us and introduced himself to Morgan, acknowledging her birthday which really made her feel special.

The room itself was so classic and beautifully decorated. My daughter absolutely loved it. The thought that this hotel has put into it guests is incredible. They even supplied robe and slippers that were the right size just for my daughter!! Every member of staff we met was friendly and helpful beyond words. Nothing was too much trouble.

That night we returned to our room after seeing a show. In the room the staff had arranged a cup cake with Happy Birthday written around the plate, along with a bag of sweets and a beautiful birthday card signed by what looked like everyone from the Chesterfield!!

When it came to our last day the hotel stored our bags away for the day whilst we made the most of our last few hours in London. When we returned to collect our belongings the staff including Jack, Englebert and Tony (first class concierge!) came to say goodbye and presented my daughter with a tiny Chesterfield Teddy for her to keep.

This was my daughter first trip to London and what a memorable experience this beautiful hotel and its members of staff made for her. She took along the Teddy for show and tell on the Monday morning at school and told everyone about her birthday trip. She is now on my case to book a return visit to the Chesterfield (before her next birthday!). This hotel has won the loyalty of a 9 year old!

Whatever your reason for visiting London this is definitely the hotel I would highly recommend. The staff are absolutely incredible and the hotel is in a class of its own. The customer service you will receive will be second to none. I recently stayed at well known 5 star hotel just around the corner where I just felt like ‘another guest’.

The Chesterfield is a home from home where you feel around friends.

Room Tip: If your visiting for a special occasion do not hesitate in calling to let the hotel know in advance...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your daughter had such a memorable first trip to London.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.