1,445 results
All reviewsearls courtbarkston gardensblackbird pubtube stationfull english breakfastpiccadilly linequiet side streetpubs and restaurantsheathrow airportwould stay here againminute walkrooms are smallplenty of hot waterhotel is situatedyogurtconvenient locationcouple of nights
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Compared to my previous stays in Best Western Hotels I would judge this hotel as below average quality. It's main benefit is the location, just 5 minutes walk from the Earls Court Tube station and the Earls Court Road that has a vast array of restaurants, pubs, shops and cafes.

For a double room, my room was small. The bed was comfortable but occupied most of the floor space. I was on my own, so it wasn't a problem. But it wouldn't have been suitable for a couple. The carpet was tired and needed a deep clean. The bathroom taps only dripped water rather than a decent flow. Okay. It is an heritage building. But apartments cost £2 million in this street and I imagine they don't have plumbing issues. Bizarrely, the HD TV was unable to receive HD signals and the picture was broken up on HD channels. Again, not a huge issue. But this is the centre of what the London Mayor calls the "world's best city" (presumably he doesn't travel!) and I get a perfect HD picture back home in the backwaters of Wales.

The big issue with this hotel is the awful management. When I booked in at the reception the manager tried to fob me off with a single room even though I had booked and paid for a double occupancy/twin room several months previously so I could have a decent sized room and not something the size of the janitor's store cupboard (which is often the case with single rooms). I showed him proof in the form of the booking confirmation form and he still phoned the booking site to check. After he phoned them he totally changed his unfriendly and unprofessional attitude and "upgraded me" (to use his phrase) to a double room (see comments above about the room size). While this is not the worst hotel I have ever stayed at (I have lived and travelled throughout the developing world). It is certainly poor for a modern and competitive economy like London and I would sooner pay for a more expensive hotel that stop here again.

Room Tip: make sure your double room is not a single with a double bed
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Decent hotel for a 3star rating, didnt used the food facility but the room and bed are good. There is no AC so the room window stays open and its very hot!

Good location and good WIFI. I would return for a short stay....maybe in winter

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Where do I start!!?? Booked this hotel when going to Wimbledon and the only positive I can give it was that it was handy for tube station and only a couple of stops to get to tennis. On arrival we were allocated room 50 which was on the basement floor. Door was difficult to open as it was a bit jammed so not off to best start. Room was absolutely tiny as was the long narrow horrible bathroom. Windows opened into a courtyard and looked out onto a broken window and broken glass door. We went out for drinks and dinner and got back around midnight. I realised that the windows overlooking the courtyard were kitchen Windows and there were loud voices and clattering of dishes into the early hours. On top of this water from showers and toilets on upper floors came cascading down pipes which were in close proximity to our bed. We had a couple of quiet hours but kitchen staff arrived at 5 am and there was shouting and laughter as well as the usual kitchen noises. Then there was the smell of greasy cooking coming in our Windows. It was so noisy I phoned reception and complained and told them I'd be looking for a different room for our second night. There was then an hour and a half with less noise apart from the sound of little furry creatures scurrying across the ceiling in our room. Hotel said in the morning they were having problems and pest control were trying to get it under control. Should have said there were several rat traps in the courtyard. The smell from the drains in the bathroom was disgusting. Went to reception in morning. They weren't hugely interested but gave us their Deluxe room. Infact we were told it was best room in the hotel. Must admit it was better. Hardly deluxe but better. More sort of fawlty towers. Needless to say we will never be back.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. !!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Just barely a block away from Earle's Court Railway station, a short walk to the bus stop and excellent restaurants and pubs with great meals of all varieties. If you prefer, there is also a convenience store close to the Railway station and they have prepared meals ready to heat and or eat, or if you prefer you can also get fresh food. Other shops are close by and they stock almost everything you would ever need. The hotel itself does have small rooms but currently they are renovating the hotel floor by floor so in time the rooms will be much better. However, customer service is good and the hotel is very clean. Breakfast consists of self service with everything you would want. I have stayed there several times now and can recommend it for a base when you are in London.

Room Tip: the hotel looks out over a lovely park, so front rooms are the best. Very quiet street so noise is not a problem
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Spend 1 night and had a great experience. Location is perfect with train and underground next door. Room was clean and tidy, good space, wonderful bath and had a good sleep as mattress was good quality. Staff are very hands up and welcoming. Bar is very small and service is not too good as nearly no one is using the bar as there's so many options down the road, same with restaurant as only offer bites and snacks. Breakfast was average as expected but nothing wrong at all. You can choose Continental or English breakfast and offers are ok. Overall had a very posite experience and surtenlly will stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple