“Pretty area, cosy, good brekky & staff”

Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington
Ranked #539 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Even though my room was quite small, it was just for me to come & go from anyway, but very clean & I did feel safe. Happy to have the option to open the window when I was in. Enjoyed the bath immensely after days of walking London! It is in a great location near Tube station, M&S food store & Pret A Manger cafe for such convenient & healthy meal options if you miss meals at hotel times. (Didn't get to visit the Blackbird)Brekky was always a pleasure with a pretty garden outlook & on-the-ball staff (& good coffee to set off my day). Coming back from a long day tripping around it was a pleasant surprise to turn into this quiet parklined street and find such a quaint quiet oasis from the busy city. Shame park access is for house tenants only. I also took advantage of Burns' location for taking lovely rich historical architectural walks to and from Hyde Park, Kensington Park & Palace. Least liked thing I guess was my room's view, out over roof tops, but I was happy to be further away from any street sirens which were not a bother at all. And also , being a rather short person, the bath was a bit too high to step in & out.

Room Tip: Check with bookings staff beforehand if you want a better view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Only thing in budget for me to book at work, normally stay at BW on Cromwell Rd. Staff were nice and the breakfast was cooked to order and pretty good. My main issue was the room was so dated. Bed kept rolling forward when I sat on it, very dated fixtures and fittings and oh my word, the floor. I've never had a floor that creaked so much, I was on the third floor and I feel sorry for whoever was underneath me as the floor creaked and groaned with really uneven floorboards. It didn't feel clean, but I think the decor contributed to this. Lovely woodchip, hard pillow protectors, low water pressure, yellowing tiles. Really needs updating to be consistent with BW brand.

My points weren't added on either for my stay as I'd booked through my work corporate site and not on BW direct, even though Hilton Honours, Le Accor and IHG always credit my points. Next time I'll go back to them.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel 3 or 4 times recently for work and I hope to never have to return.

First time I stayed I was given room 48 which is in the basement, the room was grubby, dark and in need of a deep clean and refurb (as was I when I left). As I was staying for two nights I couldn't do much else but grin and bare it however the room was noisy late at night as it is near to the kitchen, I could hear staff rattling around talking, cleaning plates etc. From around 5am, the noise started again, and then worse than that, the smell. Oh my goodness, the smell from the kitchen!! I'm a vegetarian and really did not appreciate the smell of food and noise coming in my window at that time of the morning.
Further to this I've stayed another twice, both times the room has been upgraded, both times I can't believe how bad the upgraded rooms are. I feel sorry for foreign travellers who come here and spend so much money to stay in such a rubbish hotel. The family rooms are not much better, they are tired and in need of a deep clean, new carpets and freshening up by painting/decorating.
I've checked out yesterday and felt unwell during my stay. I stayed last week and then again this week.
After feeling unwell and developing a skin complaint, I've seen a GP today who has confirmed I have SCABIES! Not only that, I've passed them on to my partner at home. I'm so utterly enraged and disappointed that this has happened.

I can only summarise by saying don't stay at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank pr0fumo
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I finished at the Best Western Burns Hotel with my topdeck tour and have to say this was one of the best places we stayed at.

I had a twin room to myself and it had lots of room.

Bathroom was nice and clean with a large bath/shower.

Beds were nice and comfortable.

Reception staff were helpful when needed. I also was leaving early the next day, before breakfast started, and they had arranged for a take away breakfast for me which was nice. It was just some break, jams, apple juice and apple but it was just what I needed.

Location was great only a minute walk from Earls Court station and Earls Court Road.

Would stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2017

A good standard BW in good location in London - 5min from Earls Court UG. Typical converted house(s) London hotel. Small room (standard for London) with twin bed (there are doubles), tea & coffee in room. En-suite with bath with shower over. Clean and comfortable. No aircon but heating and you can open a window! Friendly staff. Full English breakfast or basic Continental.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business