3,861 results
All reviews old street tube station steam room theatre break tea and coffee breakfast was excellent full english west end taxis shoreditch
Reviewed 28 June 2018

In desperate need of modernization, public transport 18 mins walk through a not particularly nice part of town. No Air conditioning or double glazing, breakfast ok, chose not to eat evening meal as the tables were sticky and dirty.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chand T, Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear RDL2018

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican.

I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience and apologise for any inconvenience caused. I will address the issues you have highlighted with the service teams to understand what needs to be done better.

The closest station to our hotel is Old Street, which is a 9 minute walk away so it would seem that you went to a different station further away. For any future stays, please note that this is our closest station.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I've spent many nights in hotels over the last 20 years, probably half of my life.
This is one of the ugliest and repellent places I've ever been. Even Hotels in Nigeria are better.
- No aircondition
- interior rubbish and looks like it was stolen in russia 40 years ago
- carpets are so dirty I couldn't walk bar feet.
- bathroom, oh my gosh....!
- bed, a nightmare, worn out and stinky
- breakfast, not everyone loves english breakfast. there are many different cultures in the world and not a single one was reflected in the breakfast buffet.
- staff, not worth to mention....

In germany this place would be rated with zero stars and the department of health would close it down immediately

Room tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Chand T, Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear carlosR496NQ

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you had a negative experience staying with us and that we did not meet your full expectations on this occasion. Feedback of this nature is exceptionally disappointing. I will be looking into the issues you have raised and investigate this thoroughly to understand how this happened. We strive for guest satisfaction and I apologise that you were everything but happy with your stay.

Please note that our reception team are available 24/7 to address any concerns or issues/enquiries our guests may have.

In spite of this, I sincerely hope that you might return so that you can see all the improvements we are making to our hotel. We currently have many ongoing renovation projects taking place and I hope you will visit again to see this for yourself.

Kind regards and best wishes

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights at 150 pounds per night. Bedroom was the smallest I have ever stayed in and given the price extremely poor value . Had to bend down to get around bed as tv was on wall. The carpet was dirty and worn and the woodwork chipped and needed painting.
The only good thing were the staff who were very good and professional.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Chand T, Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Pasquale2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after your recent stay with us. Whilst I am happy that there were good aspects to your stay I am concerned that we did not meet full expectation on this occasion.

Feedback of this nature is exceptionally disappointing. Rest assured that I will look into each of the issues you raise personally and take action as appropriate. I am sorry that you had this experience.

We are working hard to improve our services and I hope you will return in the future to see this for yourself.

My apologies once again.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My trip to London was amazing. The hotel is perfect, situated in a good position, well connected to the city-center.
The room was tidy and clean, the swimming pool is a ++ , really relaxing after a day out.
The staff is the best thing of this hotel, especially Mohammed(the manager) is the best, he literally saved me one night, even if it was really really late, he helped me out with a little problem in my room, and changed it!
I recommend this place to everyone visiting London, you will never find another hotel with this kind of quality/price in that area.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Chand T, Manager at Thistle City Barbican, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Antonio R

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Upvote: 1. Housekeeping service. 2. Can be accessible from all part without much effort. 3. Nice front desk staffs.
Downvote: 1. Shabby rooms.

I had a last moment booking so price they quoted was skyhigh compared to the room quality.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Abdullah M

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Thistle City Barbican. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience and apologise for any inconvenience caused. We have many renovation projects currently taking place to improve the hotel and I hope you will visit again to see this for yourself.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.