5 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$171
Hotels.comUS$170
Trip.comUS$169
3,998 results
All reviews british museum west end southampton row holborn tube station welcome cookie double tree covent garden afternoon tea oxford street breakfast was excellent hotel is in a great location booked this hotel family room kings cross concierge bloomsbury soho
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

We booked here due to its central location, which was fab We managed every where by foot as was close to Covent garden, Carnaby St and the theatre district. We were not sure what to expect given all the negative reviews but we're pleasantly surprised. Check in was fast & friendly, we were upgraded to a beautiful room on 5th floor. The room was huge, very newly decorated and had Nespresso, complimentary mini bar with soft drinks and snacks and patio doors. The breakfast room was lovely as was the hotel bar where we had snacks one evening. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel and would return based on our experience and room type.

2  Thank dizzy_traveller
KaranSobti, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for your loyalty to the Hilton brand.

I am pleased we could upgrade your room on this occasion. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our central London location.

We continue to develop our products and services to the highest standards and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton London – West End in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

It grieves me to say this, but as a Hilton Honours Diamond member, the Doubletree by Hilton London West End falls way behind the standards I have grown to love travelling the world as I do.

The room wasn't exactly clean, the shower drain was blocked (I unblocked it myself), the minibar had just a small box of Pringles and some soft drinks (but was complimentary) and from the moment I walked in to this Hilton chain hotel, I felt my Diamond status meant nothing.

You see, it's normal for Diamond Status holders to check in through the Hilton Honours app and be issued with a digital key. I walk in, look at my app and get a message to report to reception. I then have to go through signing documents...the idea of the app is that Hilton group already have all the details.

I then get given two room door cards. I ask what's happening about the digital key. I get told it's coming...it never did!

I go to the room. Now, if your a Diamond Hilton Honours member there is always a welcome message wherever you go in the world and walk into a Doubletree. No, not at the Doubletree by Hilton London West End. There was also no sugar to make a brew with, just four sachets of sweetener...I hate the taste of sweetener in tea. I try to call room service several times and just get "Welcome to the O2 messaging service."

I therefore press the button on the phone marked 'Care Line', and I get "Hello, reception!" So, I explain that there is no sugar in the room and that I have called...and then get cut short, told I am being put through to room service and before I can explain that I've tried I am listening to the automated O2 messaging service again.

Never mind, my wife and I have a theatre show to go to so I pop to reception and ask if they could contact housekeeping and get some WHITE SUGAR in the room. Got back to hotel at 22:30 and busting for a tea to find loads of sweeteners and five sachets of Demerara brown sugar...I hate brown sugar in tea and I didn't ask for brown sugar. Now, this may seem such a trivial issue and I would have to agree accept, being an avid user of the Hilton group hotels, I know that this minor issue would be a very large issue if the reception and housekeeping staff where attentive to there job, which looking at the room when we got there, at this Hilton group hotel they clearly are not.

We slept the night, went to breakfast which was great, but found the staff very unmotivated again, and left...never to return.

Being a traveller, what we have here is a case of poor management filtering down to the staff. I hope the management learns from this as they are letting the Doubletree brand down, and this makes this hotel a mere average hotel making me give a mere average here on Trip Adviser. The staff at a Premier Inn is way more attentive than what I found at this establishment, and that's not how it should be...as I am sure Hilton will agree!

3  Thank X8685WHjamesf
KaranSobti, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for your loyalty to the Hilton brand.

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member we truly value your custom and endeavour to provide the elite member benefits including complimentary room upgrades and use of mini bar in room whenever possible.

We continue to develop our products and services further to the highest standards and I do apologise if you felt we did not meet your expectations fully. Nevertheless, I thank you again for your constructive comments, these have been noted and shall be used as development opportunities for the future.

I am also dismayed that you felt that the service offered on this occasion was not fully attentive, we shall make every effort to ensure that improvements are made and retraining is organised to ensure all our guests have a seamless experience .

I look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can restore your faith.

Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

This hotel is ideal for any theatregoers and is less than 5 mins walk to the nearest tube. The hotel itself is modern and the bar area and restaurant are both lovely. We had a family room which was a pull out sofa chair and a double bed. This was ok for our 9 year old but any older children may have struggled on it as it wasn’t very comfortable. My parents were in a queen room and it was very compact but to be honest when you’re in London you’re rarely in your room. Breakfast was gorgeous with a good range of choice and freshly made eggs and omelettes. The staff were really friendly and helpful and when we requested additional pillows they were there almost immediately. My only issue was the hot water in the bathroom was tepid at best even when left to run for a while to warm up.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank danielledent84
KaranSobti, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - West End, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your custom and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Doubletree by Hilton London West End and are grateful that you took the time to share your feedback with us and other valuable guests.

I am glad that you enjoyed the sumptuous breakfast selection in our Restaurant and the team impressed you with their friendliness and professionalism. I have personally shared your feedback with the team members and they appreciate your positive comments.

I have also noted your constructive feedback regarding our product and facilities for future enhancements and I do hope to welcome you back once again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 13 February 2020

We stay 6 nights from 27dec to 2 Jan the hotel is clean and in good location but at first they give us wrong room as we booked and after one day change our room we paid all when we reserved but reception charged my credit card !!!
They did 2 time mistakes and at the end after they refund my money I loss 60$ in change currency I call and send email to them but nobody didn't attend solved my problem
So be careful and check your account after check out :(

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank behbig

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Though I am pleased that you liked our central location , I regret to note that you were not entirely satisfied with your experience on this occasion and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We strive to provide excellent levels of customer care and are surprised to hear your comments regarding the team. You have my assurances that any shortfall in our service on this occasion is not typical of our usual high standards and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. We make every effort to investigate any concerns raised by the guests and resolve it to their satisfaction. We pre authorise guest cards for the entire stay and incidentals and although rare , if for any reason there are overcharges incurred they are refunded immediately.

I hope we will have an opportunity to restore your faith in us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Karan sobti

Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

After reading reviews of rooms I decided to upgrade to refurbished room. Room was extremely nice and very well fitted out. Nice bathroom with rain shower and comfy bed. The welcome was very nice and pleasant. Hot cookie was yummy. Breakfast was excellent with a great choice for all including veggie and gluten free options. Kadl the receptionist in breakfast room was a delightful lady and it was a pleasure to be welcomed by her every morning (a credit to this hotel I would say) she had the loveliest smile and welcome every time we met her. Well done to all who made our stay so lovely from reception to service staff. Hope to return soon and would recommend. Very close to Holborn and Russel Square tube.and a short walk to soho and Covent Garden.

2  Thank drebir

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central London location and your stay with us and had the opportunity to experience one of our newly refurbished rooms on this occasion. I am pleased it met your expectations fully and you felt the room was well appointed and comfortable.

It was certainly a pleasure to share your kind comments with the team, especially Kadija , as a recognition for their great work as they continually strive to offer excellent service to our guests at all times.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to Doubletree by Hilton London West End when you visit London next.