US$241
CrownePlaza.com
US$392
US$319
Hotels.com
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$127
US$214
US$174
US$109
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
11,378 results
All reviewscovent gardenwooden shuttersgin palacegreat locationtrafalgar squaresingle roomcharing cross stationwest endlounge barexecutive roomtheatre landcentral locationrooms are smalllondon eyefull englishlondon hotelafternoon tea
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Average, but better than my last stay 2 years ago due to the refurbishment. I only stay here when my company books me here, not by my own choice.

Helpful staff but old, dark interior is not welcoming. Despite recently refurbishing no USB charging other than via clock radio.
Many better alternatives locally at similar or slightly lower price point.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank 59gromit
Patrick B, Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I do apologise that you were unhappy with your stay and our newly refurbished rooms. I will ensure that your feedback regarding the USB port is looked into.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I will not stay here again... the loaction is good, but the staff was not very helpful, the atmosphere is old and dark. Noisy rooms, I could hear every step in the hall way, ebery aircondition and shower from the rooms nest to mine. The shower though was good and clean.

2  Thank 1_Reisender

Dear Guest,

I do apologise that you were unhappy with your stay here.

Feedback regarding our staff is usually very positive so this is a little disappointing to read. As I am sure you are aware, we are currently in the process of a complete Hotel refurbishment so I do hope that we can welcome you back to change your opinion on us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I often stay here on business in London. I am always recognised and made to feel welcome. The staff are unfailing professional and helpful in all respects. I have made many different requests over the years and they are always met with a 'no problem' attitude and action. I like that it feels like a proper hotel with a spacious reception and lobby, doorman (usually) and room service. Rooms however, especially single ones, are often small. This time the bathroom was so small I could barely squeeze between the shower door and the loo (and I am of average size). There is insufficient lighting in the room and could do with some over the bathroom mirror. Also would appreciate desk lighting which can be angled as current lamps not suitable if you are working at the desk. There is no air conditioning and if the room faces an internal space there is often an unpleasant humming noise coming from I do not know what machinery. Rooms and beds are otherwise perfectly comfortable.
I find the food generally unsatisfactory. The breakfast buffet is good, plenty of fresh fruit and salad along with all the usual offerings. The restaurant - mainly a carvery - however serves poor quality food, more a throwback to the 1970s. The salad starter offerings have been reduced and most of the ones left are sad and uninteresting and the vegetables are overcooked. Thank goodness Joe Allen's has opened next door! As I am usually staying on my own and needing to work I often order room service but find the menu is far too limited.

2  Thank Annette d

Dear Annette,

I am glad that we are able to continue to welcome you back here!

We would hope that loyal guests such as yourself would have an enjoyable stay.

We are aware that our rooms do appear a little dated and we are working on this by currently refurbishing all guest rooms across the Hotel. I do hope that we can continue to welcome you here despite your recent negative experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very well located hotel. Good amenities nearby. Reasonable price by London standards. Upgrading of rooms has commenced but I was staying in an old small airless room. Wifi connectivity was very poor. This was a major problem for me as I was on business and unable to work properly in my room.

2  Thank Bobby K

Dear Bobby,

I do apologise that you were having trouble connecting to the Wifi. Our Wifi is popular with all our guests and we do provide it in the hope that it will assist with planning and making the most of their stay; a wide variety of issues can cause connectivity problems so it is difficult to provide an accurate reason for the difficulties you experienced however we would like to apologise if the problems caused you inconvenience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location and very central. Close to many theatres, Covent Garden market and shops. We stayed four nights in a Standard King room. The room was not refurbished. The room had no air-conditioning - was hot and stuffy. We opened the windows, however the buzzing noise from the plant equipment outside (air-conditioning units) meant we had to close the windows when going to sleep. The rooms were not good value for what we paid.

Room Tip: Choose outer rooms and higher floors to avoid air-conditioning unit noise
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley L

Dear Ashley,

I do apologise that you felt the rooms were not good value for money; this is certainly not the impression we wish to give our guests and we hope that once our refurbishment is complete, you will see the Hotel in a new light!