“Excellent”

Ranked #92 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Excellent but not pretentious, very good location close to Kensington gardens. The rooms were clean and very nice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback and I am glad you enjoyed the atmosphere of the Royal Garden Hotel. I am happy to know you particularly liked our rooms as they have recently been refurbished.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future,

Graham Bamford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed for 5 nights on a business trip. Location is good, several shops around, tube station 3mn walk.

Rooms are big (for London standards) comfortable, mine had a view to the park which was nice. Breakfast on the top floor restaurant is an amazing experience, great view. Allow you an extra time to enjoy all your eyes want to see. The bar also works at night, but closes early in the evening (as London in general).

Staff friendly enough, expect to pay for your wi-fi. Comfortable bed.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jpfcoelho
Kent
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed on the refurbished 2nd floor and it was very comfortable, as usual the Breakfast was so delicious and Staff are really helpful and courteous. I am sure we had ironing facilities in our room when we stayed previously > and for a 5* Hotel a few biscuits on Coffee/tea tray would'nt go amiss !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments following your last stay with us as I’m delighted to know your visit was very comfortable. However, I am concerned by your experience with our in-room facilities.

We do have ironing facilities that are available upon request. You may not have been aware of this, so please call our Valet team next time and they will deliver them to your room.

I will certainly share your comment suggesting the addition of biscuits with the coffee and tea tray with the team. This is a valid point and we will see what can be done.

I do hope that you return to the hotel soon.

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed here for one night on 12.02.2012 as a treat for my birthday. We were seeing a show at the Royal Albert Hall and this was the perfect location. Booked a garden view room and we got one on the 8th floor. View was amazing, shame it was a bit cloudy. Room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The large tv was great. Ate in the restaurant downstairs for lunch and got room service in the evening. Food was amazing!

Only slight negative is we got there at 1:45 as were told room would be ready for 2pm. The only one they had ready was on 2nd floor and not the one that had been allocated to us on the higher floor. Had to wait until 2:45pm which meant had to rush to get to show but not the end of the world.

Hotel is very luxurious, staff are friendly and helpful......all what we expected. Location ideal and it was a shame we didn't have longer to spend here. I would definitely come back :-)

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have lovely views.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A1ia
Dear guest,

I’d first like to say the Royal Garden Hotel wishes you a very happy belated birthday. I am delighted you chose to stay with us for this special occasion but sorry to hear that you had to rush as your room was not ready upon your arrival. Our official check-in time is 2pm and we do try to ensure that guests can gain access to their room by this time, but it does depend on how busy the hotel is.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon so that you can make the most of our location.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I loved my stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. It's right in the middle of everywhere I wanted to be and took no more than 15-20 minutes to get to a major attraction. Plenty to do within walking distance. Many restaurants and shops down Kensington St. So much history to see and take in. I stayed on the 8th floor and had a lovely view from my room. The rooms were clean and very comfortable, and I especially enjoyed all the amenities of the bathroom. The staff was very helpful, polite and patient, as I had a couple of issues with my converter :/ The concierge was very helpful in accommodating all my needs, providing restaurant suggestions and providing directions to the various hot spots. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting London. Only one suggestion ......take the Discover card ;/ They don't take it and I had a few issues with my Diners Card being accepted as well. But the helpful staff was patient and ultimately we were able to get that cleared up.

Room Tip: I faced Kensington Street and was able to see many things from my view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jenise S
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback as I do enjoy understanding what has made a guest’s stay special.

The hotel does have 120 volt plugs in our rooms for guests travelling from America, so I hope you were able to use them.
Also, it seems that Discover cards are not accepted in the UK at the moment, but this can change so you might want to check before your next trip.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future,