All reviews norfolk square close to paddington station single room explore london hyde park location is great rooms are small full english wardrobe
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Great for an overnight stay the staff are very friendly and the hotel is close to Paddington station and the main sites of London there are also some nice bars and restaurants around the area I would recommend this hotel

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Fortunately picked up the good price for this hotel at booking.com. Spent there two nights. What to say? Good place at Norfolk square. Welcoming reception. Room was too small, but it's London! The breakfast is poor, very continental. Certainly "B" mark!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2017

OK so this isn't a great hotel but it is great for access to Paddington station if you have a train or flight to catch. I didn't get the room I booked, had to carry my heavy bag up 4 flights of narrow stairs, the bathroom is tiny even for a skinny person and the Wi-Fi is terrible. However my travel companion got a better and bigger ground floor room on the return visit when he was staying a few nights.
A basic breakfast is provided, and there are several cheap eats and pubs in the surrounding streets. Two minutes walk from the station is it's best asset.

Room tip: Ask for ground floor room if you can't get yourself or bags up very narrow stairs.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed for a night. It was a long night. Got a tiny closet for a room. No lifts, had to carry my own luggage upstairs. That was a backpack and carry-on as well as a suitcase. I had to do that in two trips. I asked for help and was looked at as if I was speaking Martian. In the morning I called and asked for help. That was hesitant. Great location. Beautiful building. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
PaddingtonHotels, Manager at Shakespeare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear kimplym,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We must apologise you did not receive the service you should have when asked for help to carry to your luggage. It is for sure unacceptable and definitely not our standard policy. We are aware that stairs can be hard especially with luggage and on the busiest days we plan a porter service, nevertheless we usually take pride of our friendly and courteous staff that are keen to assist when needed. If you kindly send me over an email some detail about your stay (check in/out date, room number, arrival time) I am going to investigate personally how this happened; please address your email to: customer-service@shakespearehotel.co.uk. In regards to the small room, I am afraid lack of space is typical in London and especially if you booked one of our economy rooms they are usually small. I am glad the location worked well for you and appreciated our building. We would be very happy If you chose us on your next London visit and we had the opportunity to restore your good faith.

All the best
Shakespeare Hotel

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I stayed at Shakespeare Hotel for one night - last Sunday ... terrible train journey from Devon ... aimed to arrive at 11.30 pm ... very late for me, but sadly a fatality on line meant all change at Reading .... slow train via Waterloo, which meant I arrived at 1.30 plus am, after a full days work ... excellent and helpful check in - Thank you ... secure, and helpful. Excellent 3 bed room ... and a mini bar ( ie a fridge if I needed it) - flat screen TV , very good en suite , copious supply of tea and coffee - great room --- Thank you .... just a shame I was so shattered I couldn't fully use room ... will I be back ? ---YES, and with my family. Thank you. A 'budget' hotel may be, but a very, very good one ...

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank johnwiltshirerin2017
PaddingtonHotels, Manager at Shakespeare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hi johnwiltshirerin2017,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your 5-star rating! It means a lot to us seeing our guests leave pleased with their stay and happy to return. We make sure our staff is trained well and able to offer a warm welcome to our guests; especially on such late hours that we understand how important is a quick check in. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best Regards