“Outdated Hotel ”
Review of Shakespeare Hotel

Shakespeare Hotel
Ranked #643 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

The rooms were extremely small and bathroom felt like an airplane bathroom with a shower added to it. There is no elevator, which mean you have to make a very tough exercise with your luggage as weight (pulling you down). Last, breakfast was the worse I have had for the 24 days I stayed in the UK. You can find a hotel next to it for the same price with bigger room and better breakfast.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Great for an overnight stay the staff are very friendly and the hotel is close to Paddington station and the main sites of London there are also some nice bars and restaurants around the area I would recommend this hotel

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Fortunately picked up the good price for this hotel at booking.com. Spent there two nights. What to say? Good place at Norfolk square. Welcoming reception. Room was too small, but it's London! The breakfast is poor, very continental. Certainly "B" mark!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2017

OK so this isn't a great hotel but it is great for access to Paddington station if you have a train or flight to catch. I didn't get the room I booked, had to carry my heavy bag up 4 flights of narrow stairs, the bathroom is tiny even for a skinny person and the Wi-Fi is terrible. However my travel companion got a better and bigger ground floor room on the return visit when he was staying a few nights.
A basic breakfast is provided, and there are several cheap eats and pubs in the surrounding streets. Two minutes walk from the station is it's best asset.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room if you can't get yourself or bags up very narrow stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed for a night. It was a long night. Got a tiny closet for a room. No lifts, had to carry my own luggage upstairs. That was a backpack and carry-on as well as a suitcase. I had to do that in two trips. I asked for help and was looked at as if I was speaking Martian. In the morning I called and asked for help. That was hesitant. Great location. Beautiful building. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
PaddingtonHotels, Manager at Shakespeare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear kimplym,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We must apologise you did not receive the service you should have when asked for help to carry to your luggage. It is for sure unacceptable and definitely not our standard policy. We are aware that stairs can be hard especially with luggage and on the busiest days we plan a porter service, nevertheless we usually take pride of our friendly and courteous staff that are keen to assist when needed. If you kindly send me over an email some detail about your stay (check in/out date, room number, arrival time) I am going to investigate personally how this happened; please address your email to: customer-service@shakespearehotel.co.uk. In regards to the small room, I am afraid lack of space is typical in London and especially if you booked one of our economy rooms they are usually small. I am glad the location worked well for you and appreciated our building. We would be very happy If you chose us on your next London visit and we had the opportunity to restore your good faith.

All the best