4,552 results
All reviews national holidays jacuzzi bath canary wharf tube station jubilee line bit dated central london full english west end arena thames
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend with my partner. The entrance and lobby are rather grand, the staff are friendly and helpful and we had a speedy check in.
The lifts are a little slow however having worked in hotels for 20 yrs i have to say they usually are, we forget sometimes we are not the only people waiting and this hotel does have 13 floors to go. If you are so bothered then use the stairs.
Some people have moaned about the stair, yes the carpet is a little worn in places but replacing carpets is a costly and time consuming process so a little tape on the corner to prevent an accident is not really an issue.its not really that detrimental to your stay.
The hotel and room were both clean and very pleasant. My partner actually described the room as a "bit posh". The furniture may seem a but dated but i think its a Britannia thing to go for "vintage" look. Non of this matters much as the aesthetics makes no difference to the fact that it was all clean and fully functional.
Room supplied with usual tea, coffee, soaps etc. These were replenished daily even though only stopped 2 nights. For those who get through all the tea/coffee then if you ask for a few extra at reception they will help. However if you plan to spend all day in your room drinking the free coffee and then complain there isnt enough i suggest you pop to the local tesco round the corner and buy some as this is "complimentary" dont take the mick.
We didn't include breakfast in our stay and spend our days out sight seeing, so we didn't eat in the hotel so i can't comment on the food.
I will say however we had a really lovely stay, comfortable bed and surprisingly peaceful night Concidering the train line isnt far away. I would go back here and recommend to a friend.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at his hotel recently whilst in the area. The hotel is in good location for commuting into the City centre, about 5 minute walk to Canary Wharf station and ten minute journey on from there. The hotel is basic, and the rooms could certainly do with updating. There was also a mysterious stain on the wall which was rather off putting and the corridors smelled of smoke. Overall a good hotel if you are just needing a base but wouldn’t want to stay longer.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Lovely entrance and lobby . Nice bedroom and bathroom
Good service
Lovely breakfast.
Clean and comfy extra pillows
We went on a national holiday trip. Could not fault this hotel
Would return in the future

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel needed renovations including furniture, carpet stain, drawers in the rooms full of wear and tear including breakfast restaurant and the bar. Also they haven't got a Wi-Fi for their guests to use for free. Staff not very friendly, unhelpful due to language barrier It's a shame as great location it could be a lovely hotels.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This was probably the worst hotel that I’ve ever stopped in. I would strongly urge everyone to avoid avoid and avoid.

I Arrived and headed over to the reception desk to check in but was told that there was an over booking at the hotel and that they didn’t have a room available even though I had made a booking and paid for the room! I was then told I would have to drive 20 miles to the nearest Britannia hotel. I was not happy as it was 11:30pm at night and I had just got a taxi up to the hotel from the centre of Leeds. After a long delay and being told I would have to make the 20 mile trip to the other hotel he managed to find me a free room?? Why did he not put me in this room from the very start!
What an absolute joke!

No windows
Dirty bath room
No toilet paper
No large towels only small hand towels
Dust everywhere
No air conditioning
Constant banging
Smelled of smoke
Dirty stains everywhere
Breakfast wasn’t that great either

Stayed: August 2018