2,431 results
All reviewsdouble treegreat locationwarm cookiesgatwick expresswelcome cookiebuckingham palacetrain stationcentral locationchecking inbig benlondon eyeconciergeproximitypubs
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Great hotel with a great location!

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Welcome cookie on arrival and we got more which was no problem as they were so nice.
Bedrooms were small but nice and comfortable.
Cocktails were so good!
Breakfast was so nice and fresh.
I will be back :)

Stayed: June 2018
Jesus E, Hotel Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Sinead Collins,

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

As a well travelled businessman I am truly disappointed with the accommodations that we received as a couple with my 21 year old daughter. We have stayed at your facilities on numerous occasions and have never experienced such dissatisfaction. The room is exceptionally small with poor and uncomfortable mattresses. The roll away bed was unacceptable causing me to have to incur an additional expense as my daughter was unable to tolerate the seven inch mattress with the springs jetting into her spine. I am completely shocked with the fact that you rate this hotel as a "four star" hotel. As administrators of a well known establishment it is unacceptable that we incurred the cost of 289 pounds per evening for these deteriorated accommodations.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Iwona R, on behalf of the staff at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear swfreger,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel.
We apologize for the quality of the mattresses in your room and we’re working with our housekeeping team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again.

If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

You will be welcomed into a pleasant reception that has recently been decorated but step through the inner doors and be prepared to face a tired and dirty hotel. The premium you have to pay to stay here is based on the location and not on the quality of the hotel. This is a poor representation of the Hilton Group. Beware, the night staff are angry and overly confrontational, they are arrogant and rude and incredibly unhelpful. You are made to feel like an inconvenience and civility appears to be ignored in the Hilton training manual.

When I politely raised a complaint I was faced by a double team of aggression and unsympathetic accusations. On asking for the staff details so I could reference the interaction in my communication to the hotel management I was faced with further disdain.

As a regular and loyal customer of the Hilton group I was disappointed that they have let their normally high standards be lowered to such a low level at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank jdukes2017
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Excellent location Victoria Station directly across the street.
Close to transportation & sightseeing...many in walking distance. Food and shops nearby. Friendly staff...clean facility. Would stay herr again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jesus E, Hotel Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent trip. It really is satisfying for the entire team to read your positive comments and to know that we helped make your time in London so memorable. We hope to welcome you back to the Doubletree London Victoria when you return to the capital.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

This is a nice hotel with a superb location. Victoria Station is literally across from it, with easy access to subway (Victoria, District, Circle lines), and a short walk (5-6 min) to the coach station, where you can get coaches to Heathrow. This has been my preferred area because of the coaches, a cheap, comfortable and convenient way go to and from Heathrow.

Anyway, the room was large enough for myself, I reckon a couple would be more than comfortable in it. It includes all the ameneties I could need for my business trip (hair dryer, ironing board, laundry service etc.) and more. The Handy mobile phone is (apologize for the pun) quite handy indeed. It comes with free 3G, so you can stay connected while in town. I had my phone with me, but to save battery I used Handy to check Google Maps or opening times for the locations I was interested in, for example. This comes with no charge, by the way.

Bed was comfortable, if maybe too soft for my liking. Decor is basic and classic. I didn't have a problem with cleanliness in my room, it was always pretty clean. Bathroom has a decent size and the shower pressure was OK (nothing to write home about). I do appreciate that they include a make up mirror in the bathroom. Also, in-room safe is always appreciated as well.

Staff is all very friendly, bar staff is very polite (go, Portugal!), and Ms. Miguel (I hope I'm getting her name right) made the check in process very pleasant. She was polite and welcoming, and upon noticing my room wasn't immediately ready (I needed to wait 20 minutes) she made it worthwhile by giving me a drink voucher so I could wait at the bar. Check out was very quick and without any problems.

Two things that made the experience a little less enjoyable:
- the rooms facing the station can be a bit noisy. I was on the 6th floor and still could hear some noise from the street.
- only one elevator was operating during the lenght of my stay (June 2018), so it meant a longer wait. The elevator is polite enough to apologize for keeping people waiting, but one of the days it stopped working and even though the reception staff told me it would be working again in 10 minutes, I waited for half an hour before I gave up and walked up the stairs - not fun.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay at a pleasant hotel. I recommend this if you're a couple looking for comfort, or if you travel with lots of luggage and want a more spacious room. This was a better experience in general than the Grosvenor.

For me, I preferred my stay at the Z Hotel nearby, as it is slightly cheaper and yet offers the same amenities (except for the safe in the room) and very modern (although tiny) rooms. If you're a solo (and compact) traveler, you may want to check my review of that hotel. :)

Stayed: June 2018
Jesus E, Hotel Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Ana,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, however, we are sorry to hear that some elements of your stay did not meet with your satisfaction. Your comments are important to us as they help us make improvements for the future. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.