“It’s ok but I might choose something less expensive”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #184 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Chose to stay here for a night because I had to attend a conference in the same hotel the next morning. Staff was attentive and helpful. Didn’t have time to try the breakfast as I was rushing to the conference (which also provided refreshment).

I stayed at the same hotel last year. Not sure why the room seems smaller this year and so are the beds. We had a twin room and the two single beds seemed quite small. It was fine for small Asian ladies like me and my business partner. Equipment is adequate. Iron, ironing board, work desk for business trip. But it surprised me that there’s no longer slippers in the hotel room (either the staff forgot to put in new ones or they decided not to provide them). I didn’t bother to call the front desk to ask.

If money isn’t a concern, then it doesn’t matter as the brand ensures good quality. But I might consider some other less expensive options nearby with a less well known name.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
cariadkenan, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Florence L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay.

I am very happy to hear that the staff were attentive and helpful however I am sorry to hear that you felt the beds and room felt smaller. I am equally sorry that you did not find any slippers in your room. We usually keep them in the wardrobe and the standard is to place 2 pairs in every room.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Florence L, than you once again for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Quality Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,574)

Reviewed 19 November 2017

The London hotels are sooo expensive but this one offers an excellent location in a property that is close to luxury. Rooms are large, well appointed and some have great views. The main restaurant just changed to Mexican cuisine which was a bit of a surprise. There is also a high end Italian restaurant where breakfast is served. I have been here many times and never disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask to face the park
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
cariadkenan, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear biztravelchicago,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us following your recent stay.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location and rooms convenient and comfortable. We are indeed very fortunate with our location being close to places of interest, great parks and shopping areas as well as convenient transport links.

We do hope that you enjoyed both Ella Canta and Theo Randall when you dined with us.

biztravelchicago, Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I reserved this hotel with some hesitation, as some of the reviews on this page were less than stellar. Also, having been a longtime customer of Intercontinental hotels I had seen the quality of some of the properties decline in the 21st century. I was for years a member of the now defunct Six Continents Club, and a few years ago of the new Ambassador Club. I had let my membership expire as the hotels kept letting me down.
I decided to brave the reviews and reserve at this hotel, which I remembered fondly from previous stays a decade ago. The reason was price. On this trip I considered the Hilton Park Lane, where I have had a good experience, and yet I was able to get a deluxe room at the Intercontinental for less than a comparable one at the Hilton.
It's really no contest between the Intercontinental and the Hilton (full disclosure I am a Hilton Honors Gold member). The Intercontinental is a better, more luxurious hotel. It's a true mystery to me why you can book this hotel for less!
It is also a mystery why some people have written some of the disparaging reviews I read prior to booking. I found the staff at this hotel to be superbly trained and attentive, something not common these days in London. I stayed at the Savoy earlier in the year and one could tell the some of the staff were fresh, insecure new hires.
The rooms are great (we had two rooms in our party), the restaurants must be amongst the best I have tried in London. We tried the new Mexican restaurant, and my son, who travels often to Mexico and is marrying a Mexican girl next June, made the comment that this was one of the best high end Mexican restaurants he had ever been to.
This hotel should really be at a much higher price category. It's really enormously superior to the many overpriced Marriotts in London (I am also a Marriott Platinum Rewards member). The hotel feels like Intercontinental hotels of old. A truly luxurious, confortable, well appointed hotel with great service and restaurants in a unique location.
My favorite hotel in London, and probably the entire world, remain the Ritz, just down the street from the Intercontinental. However, if one is looking for something not quite in that price category, this hotel really makes the grade. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear lhbz,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback with us following your stay.

We really do appreciate your feedback and thoughts on your stay and about us as a brand. I am delighted that you felt welcome and comfortable in our hotel and that we were able to surprise and delight you. We strive to delight all of our guests throughout their stay with high levels of service, care and attention to detail to make our guests feel special and I am pleased to hear that we delivered this to you during your stay.

Ella Canta is an exciting new addition to our hotel, that we are very proud of, and I am equally happy to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed the Ella Canta experience. I will be sure to share your feedback wit the Ella Canta team.

We are happy to hear that you will be visiting us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel really caters to the business traveler. Friendly and efficient checkin and checkout staff. Terrific room with plenty of space. In-room dining was good with plenty of options and with availability 24 hours per day (limited menu after 11pm). It was a very good stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear jw s,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed many aspects of the experience including your check in and out, room size and in room dining.

jw s, thank you once again and we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Located on Park Lane , which offers one of the best locations in London

Room are well furnished but on the small size

Room Service is delicious but again over priced.

Breakfast is a grand affair , lots of choice and very good service

Only let down would be the slow service when making a request

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
cariadkenan, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear travelalot064,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay.

I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I am happy to hear that you found the food delicious.

We can concur that we are indeed very fortunate to be situated so close to great transport links, places of interest and great restaurants.

I am sorry to hear that service at Breakfast was slow and we will share this feedback with the restaurant.

travelalot064, Thank you once again for your feedback.

Kind Regards