DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park
US$161
US$134
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Room Service
US$152
US$133
2,339 results
All reviewshyde parkbayswater roadurban meadowdouble treegreat locationkensington gardenswarm cookie on arrivalnespresso machinecentral lineking roomtube stationbus stopshort walkexcellent hotelquiet roomrooms are smallwest end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and first thing I noticed was the ramp and electric doornwee out of order. Glad we hadn't brought mum who is disabled. Check in was pretty quick. We had Ben offered a higher floor for views of the park. The coach park across the road was our view. The restaurant was ok but really a cafe pretending to be a restaurant with restaurant prices. Not happy at being greeted by the waiter saying "evening gents" being a woman. The food was ok. My starter order came with white bread when it stated wholemeal and that was changed but unbuttered on arrival. My main was steak and I asked for the salad with it. I got 3 small pieces of lettuce, 3 pieces of cucumber and about 2 and a half tomatoes sectioned. If you like tomatoes then that is fine. One evening people were sat in Thier coats to eat dinner which I found rather unacceptable. The bathroom in our room was the smallest we have found in a Hilton. We had no wash cloths in there. The hotel is good for easy access to all areas of London.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Sumit C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Michelle, thank you for your feedback. The ramp doorway sensor had dual sensors - one from the outside and one inside. Wherein the outside sensor had malfunctioned the door could still be opened from the inside so if you had brought your mum she would have faced no problem in a wheelchair. This sensor has also now been changed. Our Urban Meadows Café offers a casual dining experience and in line with our ethos should guest want to dine in their coats they are most welcome especially if they would like to sit outside on the large patio area where there are heaters but it can still get quite chilly. I appreciate your feedback about the food and am sure the colleagues looked into this promptly for you. Thank you again for giving us this opportunity and we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked one room for one night on Saturday, March 24th through the app hotel tonight. The charge was for 197.00. I was happy to pay that.

Unfortunately, Doubletree London Hyde Park (Bayswater St.) has charged me an additional, unauthorized amount of $170.16.

I used nothing in the room that cost extra. I literally slept there for about 8 hours, showered, and left.

Very disappointing experience with both Doubletree Hilton Hyde Park and HotelTonight.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank patricktP6271WY

Dear Patrick, please accept our apology for the concerns you highlight herein. I find it odd that you were charged twice unless money has been pre-authorised which should revert back to your account. Request you to send your booking details directly to gm@doubletreelondonhydepark.co.uk and we will look into this promptly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton Hyde park for 3 nights. My husband is a full-time wheelchair user and we were a bit apprehensive about going to London and how we would get around. The hotel is in a fantastic place. We went through Hyde Park towards Buckingham Palace and then done the usual tourist spots. Although a lot of walking was involved it was easy walking, no hills etc and for a wheelchair user that was a bonus.
The Hotel itself was very good for disability, we could access all areas. Check in was very easy and we found the staff on duty over the 3 days to be very pleasant. The room itself had everything a disabled guest would need with plenty of space to get around in a wheelchair.
We had our breakfast and evening meals in the restaurant and again the service was excellent with very friendly staff and nothing was too much trouble.
A couple of things could be improved although I am probably just nit picking. The automatic door was broken from the outside which made it a bit awkward to access and also I had to keep asking for teabags as only 2 regular teabags were left. I know there was a coffee maker and flavoured tea bags but I am not a lover of either. It wasn't a problem as they were delivered immediately we asked for them but maybe leaving a couple extra would prevent this.
This was our 1st visit to London for many years but I wouldn't hesitate in using this hotel on a regular basis.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stocktonmackem

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your kind words. We are delighted to read that you had an amazing time and enjoyed the hotel facilities. We take on board your feedback concerning the tea and will ensure this is passed on to the relevant department. It was unfortunate that the sensor to open the automatic doors was broken during your visit. The replacement part has been ordered and will be fixed promptly. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and make us your home when you are visiting London.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located both directly across the street from Hyde Park and a direct stop for the "green" line "Hop on and Hop off" tour bus. Food at the hotel was great and the staff was always aimed to please. The hotel upgraded our suite from a queen to a king and placed beautiful flower petals on our bed. A must hotel for any traveling couple!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Sumit C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Adonis, thank you so much for this amazing feedback. We are delighted that you chose us as the base to celebrate your honeymoon and happy to read that the welcome was well received. The hotels location is ideal to enjoy London and hope that we will be your choice when you return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No matter the time of year, it seems like every place in London is 80 degrees - the shops, the tube and especially the hotels. Windows don't always open and when they do, you usually have a lot of street noise. Setting the thermostat at 15 or 20 C never works because there isn't really any air con - or so it seems. So, half the time we just swelter. I like to sleep cold at night so it's always a struggle to not wake up sweaty or find ear plugs to block out the noise.

Well, room 101, at least, had the magic! I set the thermostat down with we arrived (windows didn't open) and finally had to turn the system off because it got COLD! It was a joyous occasion and I think I heard angels singing. I slept well and wasn't sweating before I left the room in the morning.

Aside from that, the location is fantastic. The tube station for the Central Line is just down the street. Around the corner is Bayswater station with other lines. There is a self-serve laundry just around the corner. You're within walking distance of Notting Hill which has great shops and restaurants. Portobello Road market is just a few blocks beyond that. There is a bus stop very close and the Hop On - Hop Off bus stops literally outside the restaurant. Hyde Park is right across the street and Kensington Palace is about a 10 minute walk. Breakfast is reasonably priced and adequate.

This will be our new go-to place in London.

However, both times we have gone there from Paddington Station, our cab drivers have tried to stop at the OTHER Hilton at 129 Bayswater even though we told them 150 Bayswater. This is a white building with the Urban Meadow Cafe on the ground floor. These hotels change names a lot so they seem to be confused about where it actually is. They hear "Hilton" and "Bayswater" and assume it's the other one a block away.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Kim, thank you for this excellent feedback. We are glad that you had an amazing experience and thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us and the wider audience. Every room has its individual thermostat so temperature can be modulated to your preference, we are glad you had a good nights sleep. Our location is ideal for travelling anywhere in London and with 3 tube stations closeby you are never far from anywhere in London. Kim, thank you again for making us your home and we look forward to see you soon.