Stayed 1 night on business.
From the outside the hotel looked promising but inside it is dated (seems to be undergoing a refurb as many hallways smelt strongly of paint)
Check in set the tone - the person checking me in was constantly distracted - when another guest came down as their key card was not working despite being midway through checking me in she left me standing there as she went off to serve them! - she seemed to keep getting distracted by lots of other things and at no time did I feel I had her full attention. My colleague was being checked in (by another front desk clerk) at the same time but my check in took more than twice as long. Also despite confirming my loyalty card number she failed to enter it - I am now trying to get the pointed added retrospectively.
Good for tourists who wish to shop - located behind Debenhams, close to tube station.
I was assigned a room facing the road (my colleague was given a room towards the back & reported later her room was very quiet) As the location is set away from the main road (hotel is on a street behind Debenhams) I did not give it a second thought but would regret this later when I returned to the room to sleep.
Room was on 2nd floor
Colour palette of room was quite dark/dated decor
Cheap looking dark wood furniture (table, chair, bedside cabinet etc)
Window was single glazed and so provided no noise insulation (did not realise how bad this was till I tried to sleep - at night I could hear every car go by, peoples conversations on the street as they walked by etc) - I lost count of the number of times I woke up during the night.
Bathroom had bath & shower - No mini toiletries - just a large tube of Dove attached to the wall
Sheets - ave - low quality - added bonus was the hairs (not mine) I later discovered on one side of the bed :- (
Flatscreen TV - picture quality was so poor that on some channels it was barely watchable
My colleague had a room set back from the road - and whilst their room had a similarly dated decor, it was super quiet - so might be worth asking for a quiet room when checking in.
We had an early meeting so decided to skip breakfast so can't comment on that
Compared to the other Holiday Inn I usual stay at in London (Bloomsbury) this was quite poor, given the choice I will not return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus hotel which is located in a quiet Edwardian terrace in Marylebone, just 2 minutes walk from London's famous Oxford Street. The Holiday Inn London-Oxford Circus is ideally suited for both business and pleasure travellers. Centrally situated, London's historic and famous attractions are all within walking or a short distance to the hotel. These are Theatreland, Harley Street, West End Shopping including Debenhams, Selfridges, Harrods and Bond Street; Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Madame Tussauds Lords Cricket Ground, The British Museum, London Eye Nearest underground station is Bond Street on the Central and Jubilee lines, within 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Oxford Circus underground station on the Bakerloo and Victoria lines is just under 10 minutes walk.Please note that all rooms are for a maximum of 2 people. If interested in family rooms please make sure it says maximum 4 people. All rooms have air-conditioning. Internet access, WiFi, playstation games, voicemail and modem points.Hotel is in congestion charging zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Oxford Circus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus Hotel London
- Oxford Circus Holiday Inn
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London