3,060 results
All reviews park lane the executive lounge red bar park room afternoon tea marble arch oxford street concierge desk great room upgraded to a suite turn down service luxury hotel an upgrade buckingham palace tube station doorman platinum
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Let's start out with the positives....Great Location being close to beautiful Hyde Park, and downtown activities and local transportation. Excellent concierge lounge with assortment of food & area to relax.
However for over $300 quid/lbs. or roughly $480.00 American dollars per night you would also expect impressive service and accommodations. It's starts at the check-in where they didn't know how to include my Marriott rewards points to be redeemed, which could be understood except when after finding someone who knew how...the worst part was as I checked out they didn't have them included on my bill. I was told they would have caught it via their accounting department.....but what would you you expect them to say, so MAKE SURE IF YOU USE POINTS YOU CHECK YOUR FINAL BILL.
We were early so we asked the front desk agent if they would hold our bags while we explored London. She was very accommodating and said when our room was ready, they would deliver them to the room. When we returned we formally checked in so we could get the room key we confirmed with the desk agent that our bags had been delivered to the room. Got to the room.....NO BAGS. We called down to the desk and they apologized and said the bags would be right up. After 35 minutes I called again. Again apologies and it took almost an additional 15 minutes for the bags to arrive.
The room was standard with average and expected amenities. Bed was comfortable. The bathroom....standard except for the bathroom mat which had visible discoloration which looked like mold. I left it out and guess what....the next morning....they didn't clean it, or remove it. Same moldy mat.....so check your bathroom.
I wouldn't spend $480.00 to stay there again. Too many other choices in London.

Room tip: I don't recommend this hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ko_alumni1
Stefanie P, Manager at JW Marriott Grosvenor House London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Dear ko_alumni1,

Thank You for providing feedback on your most recent visits to Grosvenor House.

We very much regret to hear of the lack of service delivery you have described. We pride ourselves with warm and caring service displayed by our staff and it is unfortunate to hear that we failed in this regards.

We have sent a private message to your attention to assist further in addressing these issues accordingly.

Stefanie Petrie
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 2 October 2015

Perhaps the most indifferent front desk staff that I have ever experienced at a Marriott branded property. They could learn some lessons in customer service from the mom and pop coffee & bakery across the street.
The location was very good. It was easy walk to many dining and shopping options, as well as the Tube. The rooms were clean and well kept.

Room tip: Make sure you are not located in the rooms over the trash and loading dock---lovely experience.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigKahuna100

Dear BigKahuna100,

Thank You for sharing your feedback with us subsequent to your most recent stay at Grosvenor House.

I am pleased to read that you found our location to be convenient and your guestroom was looked after to your expectations. It is very regrettable to hear of your experience at the Front Desk. I have taken the liberty to reach out to you in a private message to learn more about the interaction. We aim to provide a warm and caring service and would like to apologize for not being able to showcase this on this occasion.

Should your travels see you return to London and Grosvenor House, please do reach out to me directly for a most comfortable stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Stefanie Petrie
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2015

Invited to the Retail Industry Awards dinner last month and the Great Ballroom provides excellent space and facilities for large numbers. Drinks reception in the entrance foyer on the mezzanine floor/bar area with over 70 tables of 10 persons each beautifully prepared in the main hall area. Acoustics surprisingly good for the presentations which were boosted by the flame throwers. Service was very good and food arrived quickly and hot.
This remains one of THE hotels for major events

Room tip: Rear rooms do not have great views but are quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

Love this hotel stayed in an exec room, with use of the exec lounge, it was fab, lovely staff can't do enough for you, I would highly recommend this place, it's also very convenient being right next to Victoria train station, the rooms are nice and large very clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Staff at this hotel are very courteous. However Karolis Simsonas, the Assistant Concierge, provided me the excellent service during my stay. He went out of his way to help me solve my problem, which I was very grateful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business