Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$153
Booking.comUS$153
ZenHotels.comUS$154
3,496 results
All reviews jugged hare club room wow suite barbican centre hermes toiletries london city complimentary bottle of wine four poster bed rainfall shower lovely hotel duty manager an upgrade birthday treat fantastic stay mini bar business trip continental breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stay 10 days qurantine with 2 adults and 2 kids. Got spacious "Wow Suite". Inclussive 3 time meals for 3 people, 2 COVID tests on day 2nd and day 8th excellent service, celebrate 5 years old little one birthday with baloons. This means alot in this pandemic crucial time. Highly recommend specially families with kids.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Coming out of lockdown we were keen to support our hospitality and tourist industry and also properly celebrate our thirtieth wedding anniversary which was at the end of April.

Having read this hotel’s excellent reviews on TripAdvisorI made a booking on the 29 April 2021 for the night of the 22 May 2021 and, because it was a special occasion, and we were so excited to be staying in a hotel again, I paid the extra for a Montcalm Club Room based on the following description ‘The Montcalm Club rooms .. offer guests complimentary access to the Club Lounge where they can enjoy snacks and beverages in a relaxing and private ambience. They feature premium beds… Exclusive amenities are a nespresso machine and minibar providing complimentary soft beverages and beer..’

We arrived at the hotel at 4pm on the Saturday.

We then discovered that the lounge was not open.

We then got to the room and discovered the ‘nespresso machine and minibar providing complimentary soft beverages and beer’ were missing. There was not even a kettle.

Calling reception I discovered that not only were these items not provided in the room / lounge (which I could understand) but that, although I had paid for them, they were not provided at all and no alternate room service option or discount in a hotel restaurant was provided. The gentleman I spoke to did offer to take 15%, circa £20 of the price I had paid. However, if I had known that there was no lounge / snacks / minibar/ beverages I would have possibly booked elsewhere and if I had chosen this hotel I would have booked the ‘Deluxe Double’ which was £50 cheaper than the price I paid.

As pre-payment had been taken on arrival we decided to stay.

We came down for breakfast at about 9.30am. Not immediately able to find the room the receptionist took us across the courtyard to the door opposite. Against the door and pooling on the ground was a puddle of vomit. The receptionist pointed this out to us and suggested we stepped around it. As the breakfast had been served for 2.5 hours already, surely someone could have poured a bucket of water over the offending item. On leaving the breakfast room we discovered a side door which we used to avoid the vomit and which we could have been directed to earlier.

Although there were only adults in the breakfast room a children’s tv programme was playing loudly from the television which no one knew how to turn off. This did not give a peaceful ambience. We ordered breakfast. I asked for a cappuccino but apparently this was not possible in a five star luxury hotel. My husband ordered breakfast tea and we both ordered a cooked breakfast. The food arrived and my husband asked again for his cup of tea. More time elapsed and my husband again asked for his tea. The waitress then said that they had run out of breakfast tea. Even though there was a Tesco almost opposite it was deemed acceptable to not have any tea to serve in a 5* luxury hotel.

We returned to our room and collected our bags to check out. We asked the receptionist where we could leave our overnight bag for later collection as we had booked to visit the Tower of London. We were told this was not possible as the hotel was to be locked up at 12 noon so we had to take them with us and pay £12 for left luggage at Liverpool Street. We then went and had tea and coffee at the Tower of London who did have these items in stock.

These are tough times and this was such a shame.

Wanting to give the hotel the right of reply, and the opportunity to make things better, I wrote to both the hotel manager and the group MD on the 24th May listing these issues. When I had received no reply from either of these people by the end of June I chased via email. This has also not been acknowledged, or replied to, so it would seem that they are unbothered by my experience. I do not recommend.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank JBBucks
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I chose this hotel after a previous weekend away to Montcalm Brewery. Upon arrival I wished I’d booked the Brewery again. However lovely the staff are it just isn’t the same experience. The hotel is quite basic in comparison. We had specified on our booking that we were travelling for our engagement, nothing was mentioned. Although we didn’t write it on for a freebie, it would have been a nice touch to be congratulated at check in at least.
The lady at check in had said she would call the room to let us know if there was any availability during our 2 night stay for the spa - we never heard anything.
Our room was really dusty. The electric clock by the side of the bed was extremely dusty and didn’t even have the right time on it. Sounds picky but I’d promised my partner I’d booked a fabulous hotel - thinking about the standards of the Brewery. We won’t be returning for a ‘luxury’ stay again. Average at best.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank amylissxx
Reviewed 24 June 2021

I booked last week and just received an email saying due to ongoing renovations they have accommodated me in another Montcalm hotel.

I checked the website just now and they are SILL advertised as open and selling rooms. Very dishonest.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Myself and my wife booked this hotel and were looking for a wonderful place to stay for our first London date night in ages.

However, we turned up at the hotel and we were told the hotel was shutdown and not open for stays. This was not communicated to us through booking.com not the hotel. As you can imagine, we had a state of panic thinking where were we going to stay!?

The employee at the hotel said our booking has been diverted to Montcalm Royal London House which was a 5 minutes walk away. This was the only reason I have given 3 stars because they had said we arranged a room elsewhere.

We attended the Montcalm Royal London House hotel and the lady at reception had said that she was not sure if they even had a room and took over 15 minutes to find out if we could get a room. To her credit, she found us a room and did everything she could.

All I would ask for in future is some communication regarding cancelled bookings or diverted bookings to another hotel.

Date of stay: June 2021