“Indian Restaurant in Highgate Village-”
Review of Namaaste Highgate

Namaaste Highgate
Reserve a table
Tue, 28/09
20:00
Ranked #10,695 of 24,027 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Description: NAMAASTE opens up in the leafy Highgate Village. Multi Award winning Chef Sabbir Karim from popular Namaaste Kitchen created a mouthwatering menu, inspired from Indian home style cooking and Indian Street Food. Indian breakfast with idli, dosa or the railway omelette will bound to make your day. Brunch and dinner menu offers buns, grills, kebabs and Namaaste’s speciality curries.
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Excellent food, we had chicken curry house special and prawn curry. Really good, pilau rice and naan bread. Well definitely be back there soon.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (22)

Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

Excellent service with Victoria and her friends! The food is delicious ! Great place for some real Indian food! Good for vegetarians as well !

Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

We booked a table for lunch. We ordered at least five starters, 2 mains and all were good. I enjoyed the black dahl and the pao bhaji.
For dessert we had the carrot halwa which lovely. The gulab jamun wasn't warm so I didn't like it. The masala tea is a big let down. Overall a good lunch.
I am planning on going back for breakfast one day but hope they sort out the masala tea by then.

Reviewed 10 July 2021

We decided to try Namaste around 3:30 on a Saturday afternooon while shopping in Highgate. We had thought to try their breakfast/brunch menu displayed online as available until 4:00 p.m., as it was too early for dinner. Although we were informed the brunch menu was not available on weekends, we were offered a choice of dishes from it. I ordered an Iranian plate composed of masala chips in tomato sauce, two excellent buttered rolls, a well spiced dish of minced meat and some green salad. There was so much food my husband, who ordered and promptly dispatched a delicious soft shell crab, helped me finish it. We have been eating Indian food for half a century, all over the world, and found the cooking here first rate. We hope the restaurant will succeed in the present difficult conditions.

Reviewed 3 June 2021

We were a party of 4 and went to Namaaste last night to celebrate a birthday and had a disappointing experience. On the plus side the food was incredible but Sabbir Karim's expertise is spoiled by the attitude of the staff. From the moment we entered we felt rushed and uncomfortable and the bill was presented before we even had time to ask for coffee at the end of the (admittedly delicious) meal. Quite frankly if the 12.5 service charge had not been automatically added to the bill, we would not have paid it as the service was poor. Staff need to attend charm school in my opinion.

Date of visit: June 2021
NKHOSPITALITY, Owner at Namaaste Highgate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2021

Dear Ben
Thank you very much for your review. I’m very sorry to learn that you felt rushed and service was not to your expectations.
Pleae can you inbox us info@namaastehighgate.co.uk

But I’m happy that you enjoyed the dinner and I will pass on your compliments to my chefs.

Once again please accept my sincere apology and
I look forward to to see you again at Namaaste.

Best wishes