“Good lunch at O'Neills”

Price range: US$10 - US$16
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A lively pub drumming up all the traditions and customs of a traditional Irish watering hole, O'Neill's King's Cross offers a relaxed ambience, classic hospitality and a seasonally changing menu. As well as a host of favourite Irish ales behind the bar, traditional recipes and a sterling Sunday roast, guests can enjoy regular live music performances late into the evening.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't drink anymore but wanted a good lunch near our hotel and the train station. This place was crowded with locals, few tourists. So we popped in for lunch.

The food was darn good, I had a burger with an egg, cheese and bacon, with fries both good. My one lunch colleague had a pizza and another had the BLT wrap. Both good.

Here is what I did not know, you order your food at the bar and then they are brought to you. I waited for 10 minutes before the guys at the next table told me this key fact.

Then, when you do go order it is at the bar where there are only 2 bartenders so you wait 15 minutes to even order food. There has to be better system or more staff or something. You pay at the bar so there is really no table service at all.

Worth going for a good meal, just manage your service expectations because there is none to speak of.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great couple of visits in the midst of a try Baltic weekend in London - warmth emanated form the welcoming staff as we approached the bar and everything else measured up too. Great pints - great Guinness & Steak Pie for me and chicken & mushroom option for my wife. It was difficult to leave ! Well done everyone! And you get to look out on the iconic Gothic pillars of St Pancras Station Hotel ............

General Manager A, Manager at O'Neill's - Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Errigallodge, thank you so much for your positive comments about O'Neill's Kings Cross!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped at this place after a busy day at Harry Potter’s studio. My wife found it, and boy and I glad she did. We sat in the upstairs area, and when we got there we were warned about a group of football fans that were being a little loud.

Seems their team won a big match that day. She was up front, and really I was in the mood for that authentic feel. She would go over and ask them to tone it down, but they ignored her. Honestly I was more than OK with it. They added to our Canadian in London experience...

The food came and was awesome. We both had fish and chips, my son had Mac and cheese, and daughter a cheese burger. All tasted great! I had a pint of Guinness, my wife a glass of wine. Both were the perfect temperature tasted great!

One small criticism, and this would apply to most of the restaurants we visited but is the protocol. No one greeted me, and I had no idea there was an upstairs area. I’m sure the locals know this, but given the tourist business in this city, and this location in particular is would have been great to know.

The rough start aside, thanks so much for adding to our experience!

1  Thank Dan D
General Manager A, Manager at O'Neill's - Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dan cheers for leaving us these kinds words, I will gladly be passing them along to the team. Reviews like these help keep us motivated to giving you the great service you deserve. I hope your time in London was amazing! Thank you again, Team Kings Cross

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I don't usually review chain establishments but sometimes I happen into a place unaware at the time of their lineage so here we go.

Lured into O'Neill's by it's nice curb appeal and as it was directly across the street from our hotel. This place has a good vibe once inside and pleasantly busy ambience.

The ordering process is a little different here as you choose a table, peruse the menu and then head to the bar to place your order. Remember to note the # plaque on your table as you will need to tell the order taker at the bar where your food is going. You will also order your drinks at this time and now it's up to you to wait for your drinks there or head back to your table for a waiter/waitress to bring them to you. Your food will also be brought out to you once ready and I really didn't mind this setup and found it pretty efficient.

Our dishes were well prepared, drinks were very good and the service was more than adequate (as it should be as the patron is doing half the work ). So if you're in the St. Pancras/King's Cross area and want some good quick pub food and a few beverages I would recommend a stop here and forget that it's a chain establishment.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave us a lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us, and hope you will visit us again if you're in the area. I have passed on your kind words to the team, cheers again, Team Kings Cross.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Value for money and a cracking pint. The Heineken extra cold is beaut. The food is good and reasonably priced for central London. Plus the TVs play rugby.

General Manager A, Manager at O'Neill's - Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Matt cheers for the great review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and the cracking pints of course. Team Kings Cross look forward to your next visit. Sláinte