1,051 results
All reviews oxford street regents park great portland street harley street continental breakfast west end large bathroom full english booked this hotel quiet street minute walk would stay again excellent location executive room central location the room was nice late at night
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Stayed here with my daughter for 1 night for a trip to the theatre. Only booked room only intended to eat breakfast elsewhere. Hotel was very good, room very nice, beds very comfortable no fault with room at all. Decided to have breakfast at the hotel to save time as we were only staying the one day (didn't want to waste valuable shopping time). The menu on the table in the restaurant didnt show any prices but couldnt be that expensive could it!!!! Both my daughter and I had cereal, toast and jam, I had 1 cup of coffee my daughter juice, the price was a jaw dropping £35. I am not a tight person but even taking into account that we were in London the price was outrageous. My advise to anyone staying at this hotel is make sure you have breakfast included in the price or eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank cynthiao2
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I stayed here in a group of 13, just for one night. Twin rooms were good size, double room adequate. Hotel was clean. Continental breakfast good. Bar stayed open very late one night for a few of us!! Easy to walk to Great Portland Street tube station, Regent St and all nearby streets. Small high street supermarkets within 2 mins walk, classic British pubs within 4 mins walk. We had discount deal on rooms and overall, in comparison to other accomodation I have stayed in in London, the hotel was good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lisab78
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Stayed here for a night recently on a business trip. The place looks pretty ordinary from the outside, not dissimilar to the nearby orthopaedic hospital. Lobby is small but fairly smart, but lift is from the Sherlock Holmes era, if not before. Internet access seemed to cost something astronomical - didn't bother.
My room was tiny, but I guess this is not uncommon for Central London Hotels. The main problem though was the heating/ventilation. The bathroom was totally unheated (had a radiator - sadly which never worked), while the room had two ancient radiators (strategically hidden behind thick curtains) which were turned off when I arrived in my room - which was therefore freezing. Turning these on resulted in the room metamorphosing into an oven at 03.00 - necessitating opening one of the ancient sash windows - fine at first, but resulted in my being awoken 3 hours later at 06.00 by the enthusiastic London bin men indulging in their favourite pastime of hurling empty bottles into a garbage lorry! Not great night.
Fortunately, I did not have to pay the advertised £220 price for the room - if I had, I would have been mightily unimpressed with the whole package - expensive net access, freezing bathroom, boiling tiny room, disturbed night...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2011

While the hotel is close to Euston ( two stops on the tube or bus ) it is in a quiet, upmarket area. We had a room at the front of the hotel and there was no traffic noise at all. The room was small, but well laid out with good quality furniture and a very comfortable bed. The room was very clean, with a full length bath and powerful shower. Only slight gripe with that is as a small person, it is difficult to step into and out of the bath!
We did not eat at the hotel, but there were lots of places to get breakfast within a short walk.
But we did have the best value cup of tea in London as we waited to return to the station. Only £ 2.50 for a pot of tea for two! Definately a four star hotel.
The city centre attractions, are a short tube ride or better still bus ride from the hotel. Check out the number 88 bus to Trafalgar Sq.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DebraChester
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I booked this via last minute secret hotels. When I got there I was asked if I could check out an hour earlier than I wanted to and in return they would give me an executive 'suite' plus breakfast. I don't usually take breakfast but the fact that it was an executive room was appealing as I had a lot of work to get on with and it would be good to have room to do that.
The room was in the basement, was very dark and was the size of average rooms in other secret hotels. It was extremely noisy due to tube trains rattling underneath. I asked to be moved and was given another room on the ground floor (two rooms along from the basement room, one floor up). I was asked if it was quiet enough and I said yes as I couldn't hear the tube at that point - but no sooner had I unpacked than the same thing - very noisy tube (which didn't stop till very late and started up very early again). The desk was so narrow that I had to take the tv off it and the phone etc to lay out my files/notes. The bathroom (like the previous room) was so tiny that the door had to be fully closed to give me enough room to dry myself after the shower and there was no room to put my toiletries. The room was very dark with big heavy curtains and dark wood. The bed didn't reach the built-in headboard & the pillows fell down the back. The executive suites are advertised as having mini bars but there was none and I was told not all of the executive rooms have them or air-con. I don't know if the standard room I had booked originally would have been any better. So I would advise anyone going here not to pay extra for an executive 'suite'.
On the plus side it was very handy for public transport and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business