“Pull down bed ! Noisy room in the basement !”

Grange Fitzrovia Hotel
Ranked #554 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Not impressed - the room I had was in the basement and had a pull down bed - not very inviting at all. Plenty of space and the bathroom Ok but I agree with the other reviews on here - noisy noisy noisy. Much better options nearby.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank aluakea

Reviewed 20 March 2011

Stayed here with my daughter for 1 night for a trip to the theatre. Only booked room only intended to eat breakfast elsewhere. Hotel was very good, room very nice, beds very comfortable no fault with room at all. Decided to have breakfast at the hotel to save time as we were only staying the one day (didn't want to waste valuable shopping time). The menu on the table in the restaurant didnt show any prices but couldnt be that expensive could it!!!! Both my daughter and I had cereal, toast and jam, I had 1 cup of coffee my daughter juice, the price was a jaw dropping £35. I am not a tight person but even taking into account that we were in London the price was outrageous. My advise to anyone staying at this hotel is make sure you have breakfast included in the price or eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cynthiao2
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I stayed here in a group of 13, just for one night. Twin rooms were good size, double room adequate. Hotel was clean. Continental breakfast good. Bar stayed open very late one night for a few of us!! Easy to walk to Great Portland Street tube station, Regent St and all nearby streets. Small high street supermarkets within 2 mins walk, classic British pubs within 4 mins walk. We had discount deal on rooms and overall, in comparison to other accomodation I have stayed in in London, the hotel was good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisab78
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Stayed here for a night recently on a business trip. The place looks pretty ordinary from the outside, not dissimilar to the nearby orthopaedic hospital. Lobby is small but fairly smart, but lift is from the Sherlock Holmes era, if not before. Internet access seemed to cost something astronomical - didn't bother.
My room was tiny, but I guess this is not uncommon for Central London Hotels. The main problem though was the heating/ventilation. The bathroom was totally unheated (had a radiator - sadly which never worked), while the room had two ancient radiators (strategically hidden behind thick curtains) which were turned off when I arrived in my room - which was therefore freezing. Turning these on resulted in the room metamorphosing into an oven at 03.00 - necessitating opening one of the ancient sash windows - fine at first, but resulted in my being awoken 3 hours later at 06.00 by the enthusiastic London bin men indulging in their favourite pastime of hurling empty bottles into a garbage lorry! Not great night.
Fortunately, I did not have to pay the advertised £220 price for the room - if I had, I would have been mightily unimpressed with the whole package - expensive net access, freezing bathroom, boiling tiny room, disturbed night...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2011

While the hotel is close to Euston ( two stops on the tube or bus ) it is in a quiet, upmarket area. We had a room at the front of the hotel and there was no traffic noise at all. The room was small, but well laid out with good quality furniture and a very comfortable bed. The room was very clean, with a full length bath and powerful shower. Only slight gripe with that is as a small person, it is difficult to step into and out of the bath!
We did not eat at the hotel, but there were lots of places to get breakfast within a short walk.
But we did have the best value cup of tea in London as we waited to return to the station. Only £ 2.50 for a pot of tea for two! Definately a four star hotel.
The city centre attractions, are a short tube ride or better still bus ride from the hotel. Check out the number 88 bus to Trafalgar Sq.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple