Grange Fitzrovia Hotel
London Marriott Hotel Regents Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$198
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$321
US$310
US$248
US$207
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$155
US$302
US$159
Hotels.com
Hotel Indigo London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$122
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,014 results
All reviewsoxford streetgreat portland streetregents parkharley streetbt towercontinental breakfastwest endbooked this hotelfull englishquiet areawould stay againminute walkhotel is in a great locationthird floorthe room was nicelondon hotellate at night
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night in December. The room itself was very nice - comfortable, spacious but still cosy and traditional. The bathroom worked and was clean, though maybe slightly tired. The common areas of the hotel (especially corridors) could do with a lick of paint and general spruce up, and the breakfast was fine but could have been better. Overall, my experience was highly positive with only one complaint - I ordered a rose on the bed from the 'extras' page and paid for it, but sadly the rose never materialised. Check-in/out was all very efficient and painless. All in all, go for it if you are looking for a comfortable and convenient hotel in central London, but not if you're looking for a special treat or 'wow factor'.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank in80days__12
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Grange Fitzrovia is a short walk from several tube stations. Easy access to the west end, restaurants, bars etc. The first impressions are very good - clean, bright, welcoming efficient reception staff. Two glass elevators with polished brass detail in the middle of the hall. Like any conversion, layout is slightly quirky...the obligatory two/three steps up and down here and there! My room (#217) was large and comfortable. A long bathroom with side-by-side basins. A shame the bath has old fashioned glass shower screens all round - a bit like bathing in a phone box. Room service was quick, food good. Breakfast fresh with responsive service. Hotel clean throughout with friendly atmosphere. Having stayed in dozens of London hotels in last year alone, happy to return to the Fitzrovia - it's well located, does the basics well and has a degree of character & atmosphere so often lacking.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank wingostar
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed here in Feb 2012 while attending a wedding and really would call this a typical London hotel. While there was nothing amazing about it, there was certainly nothing nasty about it and it provides a comfortable stay whilst in London. Despite not being in the heart of the action it is really close to 2 tube stations giving easy access to everywhere you would want to go. I was able to see a number of rooms that were various different sizes so it's really just a case of pot luck. My room was a fair size and all areas of the hotel were lovely and clean with nice sheets and comfy reasonably sized beds! The service was great and they were excellent at accommodating our wedding party in the months running up to our stay. We had breakfast in the hotel which was full English and a continental buffet. This hotel won't blow your mind away but is a comfy good value stay whilst in London that I would Deffinatly use again.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank DaffyBrightonUK
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I am occasionally made to stay at this hotel by my employer rather than the Holiday Inn across the road. Unfortunately I find it all fur coat and no pants. Reception and staff are all fine it's the rooms that drive me mad. In 4 stays they have all been completely different and the layout completely crazy. Sometimes you get a chair sometimes not. TV could be anywhere as could kettle etc. Beds in strange positions.

The rooms are usually too hot but last Wednesday my room was freezing. Asked for some extra heating and the receptionist looked at me as if I was slightly mad. Anyway will try avoid staying here if I can. The non exec rooms have no Air con and must be hellish in mid summer. The Holiday Inn is no palace but at least you know what you are going to get.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We just got back from staying here overnight for a theatre trip. Location wise it's perfect, just a 5 minute walk from Gt portland Street or Regents Park Underground station and about a 15 minute walk from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street. The room we had was a superior double, ( room 207) very smart and very clean although a bit on the small'ish side, bed was very comfortable. Only thing I think that let the hotel down was the service at the bar, on the menu they had a 'Irish Coffee' however my girlfriend wanted a calypso coffee which in effect is exaclty the same thing but instead of whiskey it has tia maria in, I asked the barman if he could do this expecting a 'no problem' but was told he cannot do this as he doesnt know what the cost would be for exchanging the said liquor!, apprently we couldnt order anything apart from what was on the menu!!?? this seems utterly infelxible as at £8.40 for an Irish Coffee, I hardly think a shot of tia maria would be more expensive that a whisky! Just seemed crazy to me that for the sake of a small thing such as this . Then after we were told this we asked for a Cranberry cocktail only to be told they had no cranberry juice left! then I asked for a Mojito to be told they would have to check with the kitchen to see if they had any mint leaves left! thankfully after a phone call they did and 8 minutes later a mojityo arrived at my table (albeit not a very nice tasting one) very disorganised. I think part of the problem with this hotel is there are very few staff (all seem to be russian or eastern european) and it seems that the few they do have do all the jobs. for example our barman was not just a barman but room service and the porter too, possible a way of cost cutting .

Breakfast is ridiculously overpriced, £17 for a 'buffett' breakfast (just cereal, croissants etc..) !
Then for a full english it was £23!! - Hint - if you want a good breakfast there is a nice turkish run cafe at Great Portland Street underground station (5 minute walk) that does all sorts (bacon sarnies, full english etc all for a fraction of the price .

All in all not bad but room for improvement

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple