“Clean and fresh”

Ranked #363 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Norwich
“Clean and fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and I had a 2 night stay here on 22nd and 23rd June, as we were going to the Prince of Wales Theatre to watch Mamma Mia, as I am a wheelchair user we had room 401 on the 4th floor, it was very big with a double bed and plenty of space each side of it, the bathroom was so big you could have got 3or4 wheelchairs in there all at once and still plenty of space left over, although this space not used very well as there was only a low bath up one corner with a shower over the bath, there is plenty of space to have a wheel-in area and a shower over that but not so.
We were dissappointed with the mattress on the bed it was very soft and sloped into the centre, making it quite uncomfortable, we did mention this to a staff member and she assured me that this would be investigated, the staff were very pleasant and helpful and overall it was a very pleasant stay, we would return here if the accession arises.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaydeeNorwich
, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear jaydeeNorwich,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I hope that you enjoyed the show as much as I did.
Our accessible rooms are very spacious and I am glad that manoeuvring within the room was with ease. I have read our Duty Manager log and see that your comment was discussed in our managers meeting and passed on to our housekeeping department who will definitely follow up.

Thank you very much once again for your comment and I do hope to see you around the hotel soon.

Simon Hall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

2nd stay here in a month. Very similar to last time. Check inn was great. A very nice trainee who upgraded me to an exec room. Not much difference to a standard room but you get a couple of bottles of water, a mars bar and better selection of toileteries. Room was a bit on the small side but having stayed here a few times now it was more than adequate for a one night stay. Air con unit was a big loud for my liking, low fan speed didnt really mean low noise. Ate in the bar for ease. Menu had changed and im sure the price was a bit lower, the portion was smaller to compensate for this though. Breakfast was good, im sure ive said before, its one of the better ones. Now for the worry... ive had it now at a couple of holiday inns where they havent given me a copy of the bill to check before giving a final paid copy. Maybe im reading more into this than I should but when all hotels make mistakes with phantom charges at some point I want to check my bill first. At my next HI stay I will keep an eye on this ans see if its a new company policy or just a staff error. Would recommend if you need to stay in that area without a doubt.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Col1n
Dear Col1n,

It's always great to read reviews from our regular guests.

I'm glad that you have recognised our new restaurant menu, Best of British which has been a hit.
Regarding your check out experience, we will always repeat the itemised bill to all guests prior to charging, this is so we have confirmation and agree that the bill is correct.

I do hope to see you around the hotel again soon.

Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed here with a friend of mine during 2 nights. We both thought our room was fresh and the staff in reception was also nice.

I'd stay there again, it was good value, nice location both near Oxford Street and the Regents Park subway station for traveling around the city.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Baines47
Dear Baines47,

Thank you for your review.

It's great to read that our staff are friendly and that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad that you mentioned the value which is also very important when selecting a hotel.

I do hope to see you around the hotel soon.

Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed in June 2012 for the second time. Standard up to the usual high standard,by a well trained , organised,friendly and helpfull staff. This hotel is central to london with a choice of 3 underground stations close . The restaurant is very good value and the food choice is also quite good.Stayed in other areas of London but this is so convenient ,Oxford street is only 10 minutes walk and Regents Park just over 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ExcellentCardiff
Dear ExcellentCardiff,

Thank you for your comments.

It's great that you noted that our staff are organised, friendly and helpful. We have been doing a lot of work internally to make sure that our guest's leave happy.

It's also great to read that you enjoyed your time in our restaurant, we have just launched a Great British menu which has been a hit.

I hope to seeing you around the hotel soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 30th April until 5 May. I have had to wait until now to post a review of this hotel since Im a repeat visitor and tripadvisor wont allow repeat reviews of the same hotel.

My positive comments about this hotel are that the staff on this occasion were excellent. They were all very pleasant and were really helpful. The breakfast was excellent and I opted to have freshly made items rather than the standard buffet. The choice of items available to be freshly made was very impressive. The room that I Was staying in was adequate for one person however as I have posted in the past, it's a squeeze for two people. The neighbouring streets are quite quiet. There is a tube station within a minute or two walk from the hotel, a couple of express supermarkets and Oxford St is walkable. I ate int he hotel restaurant a number of times and the evening meals were very good and are much better than normal hotel restaurant food.

On the downside, I was staying for a training course and I was woken up during the night immediately prior to the morning of my exam. The noise from the guests in the room next door was very loud. Two men were talking loudly and I rang their room to ask them to be quiet. It was obvious that soundproofing between rooms is very inadequate. I could easily hear the phone ring in their room. Since they wouldnt be quiet I had to phone reception and ask them to sort out the problem. To be fair the receptionist came up to their room which was pleasing - considering it was 130am. This action was sufficient to quieten them down. Unfortunately whilst this event is somewhat outside of the hotels control it did mean that my exam didnt go well because I have been awake for around an hour by the time i dozed off to sleep. The following night, thr last of my stay, the fire alarm went off at around 3am, resulting in the fire service attending and all guests being forced to vacate rooms for about 30 minutes. The hotel informed us that a guest room smoke detector had been triggered. Again I realise that the two events were as a result of guest action and there is little the hotel can do to prevent this sort of thing. It was surprising that these two event occurred since this is a Holiday Inn after all not a low end hostal or cheap hotel.

On reflection I would stay at this hotel again despite the above since it was the guests causing the issues not the hotel itself. The staff were very pleasant and helpful as I have said. Unfortunately as a Platinum Priority Club member I didnt get an upgrade.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear lfc84,

Thank you for your response.

It's always great to hear from our regular guests, and I am glad that you have mentioned some great points such as the location and the restaurant experience.

I must apologise that you did not get a great nights rest, whilst we have very regular checks of the floors throughout the night to ensure that any noise is contained, it seems in this case we did not catch the guests in time. The fire alarm was obviously not planned; however thank you for your understanding in what is a very difficult situation.

I look forward to seeing you around the hotel very soon.