St. James's Hotel and Club
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$279
US$281
US$238
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$163
US$238
US$243
US$166
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreen parkquiet cul de sacterrace suitesmall luxury hotels of the worldjermyn streetbuckingham palacemayfair areathe ritzwalk in closetquiet side streetboutique hotelthe location is perfectsmall hotelroom servicehome away from homepiccadilly circusamazing hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I chose the St. James Hotel and Club because it is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and because of its convenient location for my business meetings. The hotel did not disappoint, the room was clean and comfortable, the bed divine and everything was of the very high standard I would expect from an SLH property.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank TheGeorgeGM
Reviewed 18 March 2018

The St James's Hotel and Club offers a great stay in a great location. Nicely tucked away but within walking distance of all the sights and sounds of London this hotel caters for both those seeking thrills and those seeking to chill out at the same time.

Service is friendly and attentive, I never wanted for anything. Everyone and every interaction was pleasant and delightful. The team on the front desk and also housekeeping and the staff in the breakfast room were great.

The rooms feel new, however with a traditional feel of luxury and comfort. The bathroom was great, with a powerful shower. Technology in the room was up to date, including the still new Handy smartphone which I felt was a great feature.

I stayed here on business but would certainly stay here on a city break also.

Can greatly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Bruno T
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

This well located boutique hotel in most ways lived up to our expectations. Room/bathroom to expected standard but missing tea/coffee facilities. Ordering 2 teas cost £10 plus service charge! In addition other service charges on overall but that the reception said were for cleaning the room! Happy to pay a premium but expect this to be clear upfront. Disappointing small things that stop providing higher rated review.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
StJamesHotelandClub, Front Office Manager at St. James's Hotel and Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Mr Nuthatch67,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay here at The St James Hotel and Club and where we have met and exceeded your expectations.

I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that all guests comments are taken most seriously with an investigation undertaken and action where appropriate.

At the moment we do not have tea and coffee making facilities within our rooms as standard, however in response to guests comments we are at present researching and looking at options for adding theses so that our guests can have a most enjoyable stay.

In order that our guests are not embarrassed or inconvenienced with a tipping policy we here at The St James Hotel and Club add a 5% discretionary service charged to each room account. Rather than tipping directly this service charge is taken at the end of the month and distributed amongst all the team, front facing and those behind the scenes.. The charge is totally discretionary and we try and ensure that all our guests are aware of the service charge through our own confirmations and is mentioned on the registration card when checking in.

Once again I would like to assure you that your comments have been taken most seriously and we very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The St James Hotel and Club on another occasion and would be grateful if you would contact me direct in order that I make the arrangements and provide a most enjoyable experience.

In the meantime if I can be of any help or assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With sincere and kindest regards,

John Hennessy

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Was invited as a guest to this luxury boutique hotel which did not disappoint.
The hotel decor and interior design is absolutely gorgeous, very tastefully done.
We had dinner in one of the private dining rooms. The gold room in the lower ground floor.
The staff were all very well presented and gave excellent service all throughout the evening.
The food was delicious, beautifully presented and tasted divine.
I also enjoyed the bar with all the art work.
The restaurant and bar were both 10/10.
Anjana, you must be very proud of such a delightful team and what you all have created.
It’s very special and can’t wait to come back.
Thank you for looking after us all.
X

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank AsadKhan4981
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Nice quaint hotel in a very quiet location near to the Ritz. Very small rooms and bathroom so I wouldn’t want to spend much time there. But clean, quiet and well equipped. Great location for Piccadilly and St James.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business