2,989 results
All reviewsolympic parkwestfield shopping centremeal dealthyme restaurantcentral linefamily roomjubilee linest pancrastransport linksexcellent locationeasy accessyour doorstepcentral londongood nights sleepfirst floorexcellent staykey card
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I really like the Premier Inn brand, so pretty much knew what to expect from this hotel, and in the main it did deliver. We specifically booked because we wanted to check out Westfield, and it was worth the trip for that if you are keen shoppers; it is far bigger than the W1 Westfield and has a lot more to offer. You could do worse than to stay there for a general trip to London, although as you are in Zone 3 you have to be prepared to spend more time and money on travelling.

The pros of this hotel are the location, if you are interested in shopping and/or the Olympics. Additionally it is very close to Stratford tube and Stratford International is right opposite the hotel. Stratford tube is useful as the Central Line and Jubilee Line both run from it. More positives were finish of the room - everything was (quite rightly, considering it was brand new) immaculate. The bed, in particular, was really comfortable. The towels and bedding were also soft and very clean.

The staff were absolutely lovely, without exception, and seemed to really care about whether you enjoyed your stay. Despite being over the bar our room was quiet and the sound-proofing was excellent. Even though it was 30 degrees when we stayed we found the air conditioning more than adequate - in fact we had to turn it down.

The room was fairly sparsely furnished but the TV was good, and the carpet was spotless.

The cons (and I admit I am nitpicking somewhat) are that the hotel is really badly signposted, and as it is located at the end of a REALLY busy shopping centre it might be hard to find. I was lucky as I had been before and I knew where I was headed. The door of my room stuck very badly and I had to put my full force into opening it every time.

Breakfast on the Sunday was pretty chaotic, and the staff tried really hard, but struggled to keep up with demand. The restaurant was vast, and nicely decorated, but it accommodated more people than they could actually deal with. As a result the queue for hot food, toast etc. was pretty long and the veggie sausages I requested just never arrived.

The lifts we also pretty slow but luckily as we were on the second floor we more often than not took the stairs.

Trifling things, really, but things which detracted a bit from what it overall a really good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here in September and we are young students. This hotel is brand new and gorgeous! Very safe with keycards to get up to your floor and into the hall where your room is.
I cannot say enough about the beds! Comfy and cloud like. Getting up from them was very hard because you could easily lie in bed all day! The air conditioning got as cold as you wanted! And the tv had many channels.
Had to pay for wifi though.
It is several tube stops into central London but it is by far the cheapest nicest hotel you'll find anywhere as close to 20 minutes into the city.
I would love to stay here again! Lovely helpful staff and the breakfast was delicious! Expensive, but thats London :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Well the view from the 7th floor is spectacular. Olympic stadium and aquatics centre in front of you, Westfield shopping right under you. But during the hottest September for years can you believe that this brand new hotel which presumably will be chocka block next summer does not have proper air con in it's rooms and windows which do not open to even try and let some fresh air in!! The fan system did it's best but was not man enough for the 28 degree heat. The lovely thick duvet will be great for cold winter nights but just got thrown off in the heat. Having said that, the location and value were excellent!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Andrew3009
Reviewed 30 September 2011

After being one of the first guests to check into this hotel on opening day 13th September 2011, we were quite delighted with its location, and that it was a brand new hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The price for the room was great and offered good value.

A little hard to find by road, but the Stratford International Railway Station is right next door to the hotel, which makes for a departure to St.Pancras for the Eurostar to Paris, even easier. The local tube station Stratford is on the other side of the Westfield shopping centre and very well integrated into this busy hub. Westfield Stratford City is an amazing shopping precinct and the largest in Europe, so it was a real treat to see the opening of this new London icon too. Having the hotel next door to the centre is very appealing and suited our needs very well.

The room was a little small, but the beds were comfortable. I was fortunate enough to get a room overlooking the new Olympic stadium, so ask for this if you can at the time of the booking. As you would expect all the facilities in the room were modern and well presented. One big mistake the owners have made though, was that there was no bar fridge or mini bar. It would have been nice to be able to place some items we had such as water & milk in a fridge.
The breakfast is superb, and if you are travelling with children, make sure you pay for the premium breakfast which means that kids eat free. You can even request an omelette instead of the scrambled eggs on offer.

The bar is well stocked but unfortunately this is where the hotel fails to deliver. Opening days are the most testing times for staff, but having dining room waitresses behind the bar serving is an obvious mistake that should not happen. Not knowing how to pull a beer is embarrassing for staff and worse for the customers. Patrons were forced to show staff how to pull a beer, so there was an obvious lack of staff training which I am sure will be rectified in the future.

All in all, a good experience and this will be the hotel of choice when staying in London, purely for its location and good value.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the Olympic stadium
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CoolumCat
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I can confirm along with the previous reviews- this hotel is situated on the site of the new Westfield Stratford shopping centre and adjacent to the Olympic Park.
Stayed here for my birthday and to shop for the weekend. Not my favourite of Premier Inn's but the location is perfect in terms of the shopping centre and tube links etc (even though we struggled to find it at first!!! Its kind of tucked away at the back directly opposite the new Stratford International train station).
The main thing I didnt like was the self-service check in- no main reception desk!!! Call me old fashioned but I think hotels should have both options to suit everyone.
I would fully recommend eating at 'The Real Greek'- fantastic food and a perfect birthday dinner! We had breakfast at 'Balans'- the eggs florentine were amazing and my boyfriend had steak with scrambled eggs. Delicious!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple