“Olympic Velodrome visit”

Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel
Ranked #173 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 February 2012

As other reviewers have stated it is a difficult hotel to find, but we headed towards Waitrose and asked a security guard who pointed us in the right direction. We booked this hotel because of its location to the Olympic park and it could not have been better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 February 2012

we stayed for 2 nights at this brand new premier inn, everything was first class, the staff were more than friendly and the restaurant was an added bonus after a hectic day in london.the only down side was the journey by tube to the hotel was a nightmare! i have never been on a more crowded tube, goodness knows what it will be like when the olympics are on.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Went there two nights ago, reception staff was very helpful! The room was absolutely spotless and the view from my room was amazing, overlooking the shopping center, the Olympic park and u can also see the whole of London, absolutely wonderful.

Now bad thing about this hotel:

Went for dinner around 8pm and I had to wait for the waitress for about 10 min to sort out her recipes before she even talks to me. Finally i got seated next to the kitchen and I had to wait another 10 min before somebody even comes and hands in a menu. Drinks took ages to to come although 3 restaurant staff were polishing knifes and only one was serving customers.

Drinks finally came and starters took another 20 min to arrive. I tried to talk to somebody about the delay of service but nobody would even listen so they kept on telling me your food will be with you shortly.

For main course I had a mixed grill and went for the option of getting large chips for the price of 95p more and requested not to have grilled tomatoes and pees and have more mushrooms instead.

When the order came 15 min later the meal came as standard, no large chips with pees and grilled tomatoes. I asked them why r they serving me this and the waitress said that there is probably a misunderstanding in the kitchen a she took my plate away and I had to wait another 10 min to get it back. Meanwhile I also ordered another glass of wine and it came when I was just about to finish my mixed grill.

While all that chaos was happening around there was a waitress which was not even thought to walk properly as she was walking to the kitchen every time I was having the feeling that there is an earthquake.

Ordered the desert and it came fairly quick (bout 5 min) and this time was the right thing.

When I requested the bill I had to wait for about 10 min and when it arrived it was wrong, they tried to charge me for 3 glasses of wine rather than two and for two LARGE mixed grills.

This is when I wanted to talk to a manager about the service but there was none around so they corrected my bill and I went to my room.

If this place improves its restaurant customer service it would be wonderful place to stay and for sure I will be willing to go back as the location is perfect and the views from the rooms are simply amazing

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Danny563
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This hotel is situated very close to the Olympic Park and by the Westfield shopping centre. We did have a problem finding the hotel but when you find Waitrose turn right and then left and you cant miss it. If you are arriving at Stratford the international train station is the closest. Hotel was very quiet and breakfast was fantastic!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 810 which over looked Stratford International train station but you could not hear...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
londonstratford_pi, Manager at Premier Inn London Stratford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a good stay with us and that we could meet your requirements. We look forward to welcoming you back to London Stratford Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Such a fantastic hotel. Cheap, right next to station and shopping centre.

Staff were lovely.