“Best afternoon tea in London!”

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea at One Aldwych
Ranked #291 of 1,514 Coffee & Tea in London
Price range: US$72 - US$209
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: In the heart of London’s theatreland, feast on scrumptious savouries such as our not-quite-as-it-seems salmon and beetroot macaron and juicy roast beef and horseradish, then journey on to fabulously fluffy floss and a box stacked high with wondrous cakes, sweets, mallows and creams – all washed down with chocolate or lemon sherbet tea, juicing room mix or water pistol punch cocktails, or fizzy lifting Champagne. Spot on for spectacular special occasions or simply an indulgent afternoon immersed in one of the tastiest tales ever told.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Out of this world afternoon tea!

The service was amazing by all staff but a huge thank you to FANTA! She was friendly and attentive throughout our experience. One of the best customer service experiences I have ever had

So much food and even bring you extras, lots of choice of hot drinks and SO much chocolate

Would highly recommend going here for an afternoon tea in London BOOK NOW

Date of visit: June 2021
Janine Marshall, Owner at Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea at One Aldwych, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear cardiffgirl78

Thank you for writing such a lovely review of your recent Charlie Afternoon Tea experience here at One Aldwych. It will give me so much pleasure to share your feedback with Fanta and I know she will very much appreciate it.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Janine

Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My mum and I visited the one Aldwych for the Charlie and the chocolate factory themed afternoon tea as a belated Christmas gift (voucher).

The experience was wonderful from start to finish. We were made to feel welcome as soon as we came into the restaurant. The staff were exceptional and provided some of the best level of service I’ve ever had. We were personally served by Laura and she was very lovely and attentive. She went above and beyond to make our day great!

The food was wonderful and the theme made it just the extra bit special! Really cannot recommend it enough! A must visit for afternoon tea lovers in London!

Dear HopeEBrun958

Thank you for writing such a lovely review following your recent Charlie Afternoon Tea experience at One Aldwych. I'm delighted the team provided exceptional service and thank you for your recommendation.

Please do come back and visit us again soon!

Warm wishes

Reviewed 21 June 2021

I had a really lovely time at this afternoon tea, I was with family and friends and we all really enjoyed! A massive thank you to Fanta who looked after our table very well, with a very friendly atmosphere, also to the cocktail master his trolley was incredible in showing us how to make them and they do look and taste fantastic! And the thing that topped off our day was when Augustus came over to say hello his outfit was incredible and he was so lovely to us all! Will definitely be recommending to other friends!

Date of visit: June 2021
Janine Marshall, General Manager at Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea at One Aldwych, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Dear Townie_ellz

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent Charlie and the Chocolate factory afternoon tea experience. The cocktail trolley is incredible isn’t it and I’m so pleased you were able to meet the amazing Augustus! Please do come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2021

We came to London for our little girls 7th birthday and had booked Charlie and the chocolate factory Afternoon Tea at One Aldwych Hotel, it was an amazing experience for all of us, adults and children.
We were graced by Fanta who served us and kept us filled in with plenty food and drinks, we then were surprised by the cocktail master trolley who showed us all the magic behind the fabulous cocktails, and the cherry at the top of the cake was when Augustus showed up with a mini birthday cake and sang happy birthday with us ... you can imagine how special our little girl felt!
I can't recommend this place enough!!
Well done Augustus, Fanta and the Cocktail Trolley Master! x

Dear marisa8ktaras

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your daughter’s 7th birthday with our Charlie and the Chocolate Factory afternoon tea experience, I’m so pleased she felt special and that you enjoyed it as well. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team who will very much appreciate it and I hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2021

My husband and I went for the afternoon tea the first Sunday back in operation after the very long winter lockdown. You could tell that the staff were finding their groove again after being on furlough for so long as service was very friendly and informative but at times quite on the slow and forgetful side. I would imagine this will improve as they get used to the multi tasking at high speed again. That aside, the restaurant is beautiful.. we had a table near the kitchen so could see the candyfloss being made. The only thing is I thought the tables were quite close together considering there are still space restrictions. You could intimately hear conversations at the next tables and had to be careful getting up from the table so as not to bump the people next door. I did wonder how much closer they will get once all restrictions are off. I have to say I hate being super close to other tables and have enjoyed the extra room in most places. The food is excellent, inventive and the perfect amount. Some people were taking home their left overs in boxes... I don't know what's wrong with them as it's not like you are given an enormous amount of food and are about to explode. We felt satisfied but not stuffed after finishing what we were given. Your first plate consists of 5 finger food sized savoury bites... a cucumber sandwich (my favourite), a mini beef burger (husbands favourite), a spinach roulade, salmon on a biscuit base (husband had mine as I can't get smoked salmon down - the texture makes me gag!) and a salmon macaron (clever as tastes of perfectly cooked salmon with the texture and sweetness of a macaron). Then you have 2 small scones each, perfectly cooked, not too big like you get at some places, and delicious strawberry jam and cream. You finish with about 6 mini mouthfuls of patisserie and a stick of candy floss which looks huge but disappears in moment. We both loved the chocolate cake with passionfruit egg on top - it literally bursts in the mouth in a taste explosion. I must mention the cocktails too..... they come with a side of dry ice theatre and are delicious. Overall very much recommend as a very delicious afternoon tea of high quality.

Date of visit: May 2021

Dear AllyF2204

Our Charlie Afternoon Tea experience really is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon isn’t it and I’m so delighted you thought so too! Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience and for the helpful feedback which I will share with the team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Warm regards
Janine

Travellers who viewed Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea at One Aldwych also viewed

Been to Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea at One Aldwych? Share your experiences!