2 people are viewing this hotel
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
FindHotel
3,446 results
All reviews premier inn northern line minute walk from old street moorfields eye hospital tube station family room meal deal budget hotel night's sleep good nights sleep comfortable room would stay again double bed west end inns shoreditch
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We paid the extra for a premium room here and quite looked forward to it. More space and built in USB appealed.

However, whilst the room was clearer larger than normal, no use seemed to have been made of this extra space. There was very little space for storing clothes - a short rail holding 6 hangers with no sides and the shelf on top of that for everything else. For 2 nights we had barely enough space.

Not quite clean in the bathroom, with only one set of towels provided. When I managed to find a member of staff they gave me an additional bath towel and an additional one to stand on instead of a hand towel. There were no shaver charging points in the bathroom.

There's only 2 built-in USB ports for 2 of us; useful, but I still needed to plug in another charger.

Windows don't open and the aircon temperature was set centrally, contrary to instructions in the room - it can be turned on or off, but not changed so the room was too warm most of the time we were there.

The Premium Internet is included in the price for this room, but drops out regularly.

One of the features of Premier Inn I've liked for years is the handy HDMI post provided at the wall. Unfortunately in this room it wasn't connected up to the TV.

Most of the staff were friendly but clearly not enough of them - reception was often unmanned, with long queues at other times.

We'll stay with Premier Inn again, but the premium room was a disappointment.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Usual Premier Inn service.
Good value for money
Efficient and friendly staff.
Great bed. Single bed not so comfortable.

Only negative- Could not open windows.

Very well placed for exploring Islington and surrounding areas. Canal near by.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very comfortable and convenient. Whilst the later check in time was slightly disappointing in the first instance ( poorly dealt with by the initial receptionist), the manager was very pleasant and helpful, as was the receptionist on the later shift.
We had a premier plus room in the 11th floor and were really impressed. The situation, way above the traffic, and the extra space etc were well worth the additional cost. The fridge is great!
5 minutes walk from the northern line tube station. We will return.

Room tip: Premier plus rooms are top 2 floors and inevitably quieter than nearer the road.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a businessman who stays at Premier Inn and Hilton hotels on regular basis, absolutely appalled by this one.

Upon Check-in we notified the lady on the desk we were missing 1 pillow and could do with 2 more each (1 for my son, 2 for my wife, 2 for me) was told this was not a problem.
around 1hr later, I checked with the hotel and advised was on it next on her list, after waiting for another 30mins my wife went down to the desk and come back nearly in tears that a gentleman on reception was rude, aggressive loud, and wouldn't even look at her when talking to her in reception when asking where the pillows where.
He told my wife, they did not do any extra pillows, and that the was no lady prior we were wrong and he wasn't willing to check any empty rooms and advised us that 1 of us would have to sleep pillowless and complain in the morning

obviously unhappy that my wife had been spoken to in such a way, I went downstairs to talk to him, again the same story not a single pillow in the hotel, he wasn't prepared to check as he knew it and was even shouting at me in front of guest, I asked where the previously lady was, to be told shes on her break and would be 30mins, however, she then walked in the door...

after speaking to her, she confirmed that there was plenty of pillows upstairs and she was taking them up.

I asked to speak to the hotel manager to be told he was the hotel manager, who then refused to apologise

in the morning after speaking to the other hotel manager, who said there should be spare pillows for guests, but also said there were no male managers on site last night, and should have been 2 females, I explained to him that the way this employee spoke to me and my wife was not acceptable and the scene he caused i wouldn't be paying for that night, but would be paying for my additional nights, he agreed but said we would need to call customer services as it had already been invoiced, and he would add this to the notes.

as it was a weekend the phone lines were not open, on Sunday I asked to speak to the manager again to ensure he had added to the notes, to my surprise we have a 3rd hotel manager, in this case, was female, who confirmed there were no notes, she was going to investigate and add notes.

when I called customer service on Monday, they fobbed it off, no notes, no refund for the 1 night as agreed Show less

Date of stay: August 2021
Whitbread Hotels and Restaurants, Other at London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We’re very sorry that you had a disappointing stay with us recently due to not getting the pillows you requested as well as the team member speaking to you the way they did. This certainly isn't the experience we would expect for you.

We’ve ensured this feedback has been logged to the Hotel Management team so that they can look into these issues with the team to prevent this experience from being repeated again in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and we hope we can welcome you for a more enjoyable stay in the future.

Kind regards,

James

Reviewed 2 September 2021

When we arrived, hotel was short staffed. Couldn't leave luggage in the luggage room as we were abruptly told there was a leak. Was given a 'Family Room', but you couldn't move in the room as there was no room between the beds, so had to access the beds by climbing on from the bottom.

Double bed was broken and when I told reception I was just told "its ok, don't worry about it". Sleeping was a nightmare as all four of us were really cramped and the broken bed creaked like it was going to collapse and dipped in the middle meaning we squished into each other if we did manage to fall asleep.
I spent most of the holiday looking for other accommodation but couldn't find any due to everything being fully booked and we haven't been offered the good night sleep refund despite having four nights of awful sleep.
On the positives, at least our air con worked unlike other guests rooms, and the receptionist who eventually checked us in was very helpful.

Date of stay: August 2021