2 people are viewing this hotel
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
3,461 results
All reviews old street tube station premier inn northern line moorfields eye hospital stops from kings cross family room meal deal budget hotel air con good nights sleep comfy bed inns shoreditch euston
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2021

Great location. Easy to find and close to metro Station. Nice and friendly staff. Good value cooked breakfast. Room was clean and very comfy bed. Room is cleaned on demand and your towels can be reused so eco friendly.

Reviewed 12 October 2021

hotel was ideal as a base for visiting friends, family or other locations in the vicinity. Rooms clean quiet and comfortable. Breakfast large and comprehensive but restaurant appeared short staffed and some of the hot buffet food was cold. rReception staff were helpful, friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 7 October 2021

I was really looking forward to my stay, it was a different hotel to last time but Premier Inn has always been an enjoyable experience. Not this time.
I pay the extra for a better quality room and WiFi again not this time. The WiFi wouldn’t connect even though I was in the room, maybe because we were on the 11th floor.
There were only 2 teabags in the room bearing in mind that this was a 2 night stay with 2 adults you would expect more than that also no milk pods. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and certainly not a king size and the sheet didn’t even reach the bottom of the bed. Only 1 hand towel. Overall a very disappointing stay, the only good thing was that it was only a 5 minute walk to my appointment.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Whitbread Hotels and Restaurants, Other at London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We’re glad to hear that you found the location of the hotel good, however, we’re sorry to hear that you were left feeling disappointed with the standard of your room due to the lack of working WIFI, the set up of the room and the uncomfortable bed. We can imagine this left you feeling let down and this isn’t the experience we want any of our guests to have whilst staying with us.

I'd like to assure you we'll raise this with the Hotel Manager to see what improvements can be made going forward. We wouldn't want your experience to happen again so any necessary retraining will be implemented, and your room will be reviewed by the team.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and we hope we can welcome you for a more enjoyable stay in the future.

Emma

Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

Great location just at the edge of the City. Very friendly staff… thanks Nevita for the iron! Quiet room with air-con. Much improved hotel since it’s revamp. Will visit again when working in the city.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2021 via mobile

Premier Inn really messed up our stay over the August Bank Holiday. I had originally booked 2 nights but when they moved check in from 12noon to 4pm we added an extra night to the start of our stay online. I called the hotel to let them know so that they put the bookings together but was told they will do that when we check in. So we check in on Friday night and tell them we have 3 nights under 2 bookings. We were told we were checked in for 3 nights and given our key card. The next morning we head off to a festival, the reason for the stay and thought it was a bit odd that housekeeping kept knocking on the door but their English wasn't very good and we didn't think much of it. We now know that they had expected us to check out. We received a call from Premier Inn after 10pm telling us that we hadn't checked in or paid for the 2 night booking. We explained we checked in the day before and thought everything was all paid up. I said if that isn't the case we would be happy to sort it in the morning but we were informed our key card had already been cancelled. We were told that we needed to return by midnight or the booking would be cancelled! We had to leave the festival early and dash back to the hotel. We explained again we had checked in the day before and what had happened. We received no sympathy, just a lecture about how we hadn't checked in properly or paid (I thought I had as they took card details at time of booking). We were even told that our room from the night before had probably been cleared! We paid the balance and then had to wait for them to work out what had happened with our belongings but it turned out they had in fact left us in the same room. Needless to say this experience completely ruined the weekend for us and not once did anyone apologise for the mix up. I delayed posting this whilst I waited a response to my formal complaint but have just recieved a proforma email and £25 goodwill gesture. No comment at all about the details of my complaint or what went wrong. I am very disappointed with how everything was handled, from the initial mistake at the hotel to the response to the complaint. we usually stay here a lot as it near to family and my husband's office but we won't be staying again.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

We’re very sorry that you had a disappointing stay with us recently due to problems with check-in and service from the team. This certainly isn't the experience we would expect for you.

We’ve ensured this feedback has been logged to the Hotel Management team so that they can look into these issues with the Reception Team to prevent this experience from being repeated again in the future.

Kind regards,