“Vietnamese Vegetarian cooking class - Team building”
Review of Food at 52

Food at 52
More attraction details
Owner description: Much more than a cookery school, this is a full-on culinary experience. Come join us in the kitchen for an amazing feast that you cook. Bring your own group or meet new cuisine-savvy friends as the wine flows and the kitchen heats up. The perfect alternative to another boring London attraction.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We attended a team building event Vietnamese Cooking Class. Mixed group covering vegetarian and non- vegetarian.

Venue was cosy, but very welcoming. The host John and Emily were fabulous host & great explaining each step of the cooking.

It was great to be split into team of 4 and work together. The food was amazing.

I would definitely recommend trying this school

All reviews
in 25 reviews
"techniques"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was interested in learning more about cooking vegan food so I signed up for what turned out to be Food at 52's first Vegan Cooking course. I had such a wonderful afternoon! The recipes were accessible and didn't require any ingredients you couldn't find at the grocery store. Katherine and Emily are clearly passionate about cooking and teaching. I would highly recommend this course!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked cooking classes at Food 52 for the Team Building and don't regret this for a second. The venue itself its really cosy and make you feel like you are at home , you can fully relax and forget about busy word outside. Emily is great, open and straight forward, she made everyone comfortable and chilled. Food was amazing! and I am sure it wasn't down to how great cooks the team was :) will definitely go back again to try different cuisine.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I did the southern indian course (full day) after i got her a voucher for her birthday. The day started badly when i accidentally woke up with a hangover whose memory will span the ages (it TRULY wasn't my fault). I am lazy by nature and very bad on a hangover so the schlep into London seemed like literally the worst thing in the world. I'm only giving this detail to add credence to my ultimate enjoyment of the day. At the beginning the odds were very much stacked against this being a good experience for me. The recovery started well with the plentiful cucumber water which was supplied. It may sound like a small detail but food at 52 feels like just that: the perfect summation of a number of extremely well thought out and executed small details. The decor in the upstairs 'lounge' bit was lovely. It really felt like being at a friend's house. When we went downstairs to start the course all of the cooking places (stations?) were set around a big wooden table. All the utensils and equipment that we used were great as well and felt really high quality. Also, whenever anything was dirty (chopping board for example) it was whisked away and replaced almost without me noticing. Emily, John and the other instructors were all incredibly friendly, warm and helpful. Again, it just felt like a dinner party. I have quite a high opinion of myself as a cook (although never formally trained...) but the instruction, tips and tricks etc. was of very high quality and when i burnt something (did i mention that i was hung over?) it was immediately replaced and we got back on task. The wine was free flowing, as was the interaction with the other guests. After the initial instruction we were given free-er rein to put the skills we learnt in the more structured initial part of the course to use. We split into groups and had split responsibility for different dishes.

All in all i could not recommend this course more. I am currently rallying friends, family, colleagues and anyone who will listen to come to another one with me. If you book this you will not regret it.