“Great cafe. Great staff.”
Review of Cafe Maya

Cafe Maya
Ranked #584 of 25,458 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Reviewed 2 June 2016

I have worked in the area for 5 years and have never been to Maya. I really wanted a jacket potato and though the market sells lots of internationally inspired food, they don't sell jacket potatos! A friend recommended Maya so I went and got one to takeaway; it was lovely - large, lots of filling (mexican tuna) and excellent value.
Based on this experience I then suggested to a couple of colleagues that we go there for lunch. Again the food was superb. We had an all day full breakfast, egg and mushrooms on toast and a pasta dish. The cafe was comfortable and very clean. The staff really friendly and just lovely. Great prices too. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Great value. Good food. Excellent staff. Good for lunch or breakfast. Will return if we are back in the area.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Reviewed before but this time visited with the family, two young children 6 and 8. We were very well looked after and the food was great, I love the maya breakfast. The children loved theirs too, much better than eating in our hotel.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Oh what a joy. Smashing no nonsense filled rolls, or evem full English at breakfast time..
Great manager friendly hard working staff plus all this rubs off onto the customers who mix and chat and make a happy start to the day..
Meet the posties or the Uni post grads. This place is a real London welcome.
And the coffee Wow !!!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

The café is clean and nicely decorated. Staff are friendly and efficient. If it’s crowded they will always find a space for you. The food is excellent - great breakfasts, lunches and snacks. It’s become one of my regular places to eat. There is also an outdoor seating area which is great for people watching in the warmer weather.