“Friendly and helpful staff; fun neighborhood”
Review of Blades Hotel

Blades Hotel
Ranked #206 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 June 2017

My daughter and I had a lovely one week stay at the Blades Hotel. The staff are terrific - helpful with all requests for directions, restaurant recommendations, and transportation needs. The hotel rooms are clean and well-cared for. Pimlico neighborhood is an excellent location from which to spend time in London. The neighborhood itself is quiet, with excellent restaurants and pubs, but not noisy. It's close to many central London locations. Take the 24 bus near the hotel to enjoy the sights.

Room Tip: Ask for double room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel R

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

My family spent five nights in this hotel. It is a small well situated hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Surounding of the hotel is full of restaurants and small grocery shops. It is also in quieter part of the Westminster.
Everything was taken care of and we were aloved to leave our baggage at the hotel inspite of our early arrival and late departure.
I was contacted before our trip by the staff about our arrival arangement. This was nice and give a feeling of that we are being taken care of.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Juraj J
Reviewed 12 June 2017

This hotel was absolutely adorable with exceptional staff, who are eager to help with anything they can. The stay was very enjoyable and the location of the hotel was perfect. They provide a nice breakfast in the morning where you can get to know other travellers and chat with the staff themselves. If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a good location, this should be your pick!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank phirs058
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I stayed for one night in Room 12 on the third floor of this traditional, well-staffed hotel. My room was bigger than I expected, with a double and single bed. The en suite is tiny but very modern and everywhere was spotlessly clean. Lots of hot water & excellent water pressure, which I'd been a little bit worried about given the age of the building and the fact that I was on the third floor! There's no lift which guests should be aware of - it wasn't a problem for me but might be for others. If you have mobility issues, be aware that you go up 1 flight of stairs to check in, and that breakfast is in the basement (actually a very sunny and well-lit room).

The WiFi flickered in and out occasionally but was extremely fast. The TV worked well.

The staff were extremely helpful and good about e.g. letting me leave my case after I checked out. Breakfast was quite early (7.30 - 9.15) and a continental rather than a cooked breakfast.

The location is great - 3 minutes or so away from Pimlico Tube, which is one stop from Victoria. The hotel feels extremely safe, and my room (overlooking the back) was very quiet indeed. I was just in and out for a job interview, but I noticed that the staff at reception took a lot of time with guests visiting London on holiday, in terms of advice on restaurants, directions etc.

The hotel is also apparently undergoing some building etc but it certainly didn't interfere with my stay! I'm sure it'll be even better when I go back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing out the back will be quieter - Room 12 was especially quiet!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank svduncan
Reviewed 19 May 2017

3 stars should by no means be taken as negative for the great offering given by the blade, this is no Hilton, nor is it priced like one. What it does offer is a great location, clean quiet rooms and friendly service. Will use again when I'm next in London

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business