All reviews oxford street youth hostel self catering kitchen common room great location bunk beds hour reception walking distance kitchen facilities central location power points luggage storage lounge area common areas free wifi street noise third floor
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The place was clean, great storage area. Perfect location, walking distance to oxford street, and still close to everything. Activities to join in including pub crawl which was fun! especially for a solo traveler.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with YHA (England & Wales)
YHAOxfordStreet, Front Office Manager at YHA London Oxford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Kerryaar,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at YHA Oxford Street. Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2017

YHA Oxford Street is perfectly located in central London and is easily within walking distance to several attractions. The rooms and facilities were cleaned regularly and the staff is excellent. However, I did have some concerns about the laundry facilities. Several laundry bags had been dropped at the bottom of the stairs which blocked access to the elevator. I had to step over the bags to access the laundry room. The washer and dryer were also in need of a cleaning. It is also worth noting that the building directly next to the hostel is undergoing construction. Most mornings my sleep was interrupted around 7:30am to the sound of a drill and on one occasion I was nearly hit in the head with debris because the company overseeing construction next door didn't have the area blocked off and a piece of the building fell off as I was walking by. I understand that YHA cannot be held responsible for this, but I feel it is something to be mindful of. That said, I still feel my stay at YHA was positive and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
YHAOxfordStreet, Front Office Manager at YHA London Oxford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Stefanie,

Thank you for choosing to stay at YHA Oxford Street, we're really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and shared your feedback. I will pass your feedback regarding laundry facilities to the rest of the team. We apologise for the disturbance of the construction next door, we are trying our best to control the noise levels to suitable times during the day to avoid disturbing guests. Your comment regarding the accident outside really concerns me and we will take immediate action to solve this. We appreciate your feedback and glad you choose to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Stayed for 2 days with 2 kids location the best you can have you can go around to most attraction by walking lots of shops very nice neighborhood M@S supermarket and Tesco is next door so you can prepare your own meals the kitchen super clean with all you need we hang out at the tv room very nice atmosphere nice staff at the reception Very helpful the only think I didn't like that you have to pass in by the lift that was vey slow through the tiny reception lobby hope th wifi issue will be in all rooms next time
Natalie k.

Room Tip: Private room are larger and sunny
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
YHAOxfordStreet, Front Office Manager at YHA London Oxford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for choosing to stay at YHA Oxford Street and sharing your feedback with us. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, use of services and facilities and the hospitality of staff. We appreciate the comments regarding WiFi and we'll make changes where appropriate, thank you for letting us know. We hope you choose to stay with us again during your next visit to London.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Very helpful stuff when i need any advice and nice environment, great location, you can walk to London central, and very close to regent street, but run out of hot water in autumn, can not imaging if in winter time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with YHA (England & Wales)
YHAOxfordStreet, Deputy Manager at YHA London Oxford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Hi Yvonne H,

Thank you for your review. I hope that the issue with the water did not stop you enjoying your time in London. I would also like to apologise for the lack of water. We have been working hard to fix the problem and ensure that it does not happen in the future. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will consider staying with us next time you visit London.

Safe travels,

Greg

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I stayed in a private room with shared bathroom for a two night trip to London in October 2017. The hostel itself is in an unbeatable location, in the middle of Soho with a short walk to the closest tube station and countless sights, attractions, bars and restaurants.

Check-in at the hostel was quick and the member of staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room itself was tiny (understandable in central London) and extremely basic, with very few amenities in the room. However the rooms, toilets and showers were kept very clean.

Overall the stay was absolutely fine, with no huge glaring issues – location; cleanliness and good staff are what’s most important. Having said this, in comparison to 90% of other hostels I’ve stayed at I didn’t feel it was good value for money – as it was both the most basic and most expensive hostel I’ve stayed in. Alongside this, we booked a double room and the room was in fact two twin beds put together, not a big issue for us, but feel this should be made clearer when booking. I have also never been to a hostel which adds on additional charges for towel rental and the use of luggage storage which I think are standard / basic things which should be included in the overall hostel price. A lot of other basic things most hostels offer such as having your room cleaned weren’t done at this hostel, which given the high price tag I would have expected.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eilidh M
YHAOxfordStreet, Deputy Manager at YHA London Oxford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hi there Eilidh M,

Thank you for your review of our hostel. I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm pleased to hear that we met your expectations regarding location, cleanliness and good staff. We are looking at making our double rooms better due to customer feedback (that I agree with 100%). With regards to the extra charges, although it may be a small inconvenience I hope that you understand that we are a not for profit organisation charity so all the money that we make is put straight back into 'helping all, especially young people of limited means, to a greater knowledge, love and care of the countryside, and appreciation of the cultural values of towns and cities, particularly by providing Youth Hostels or other accommodation for them in their travels, and thus to promote their health, recreation and education.'

I will check with our housekeeping team as it is standard practice to check all stay over rooms daily and unsure that bins are emptied, sinks and mirrors are wiped and carpets are vacuumed.

Thanks again for your feedback and safe travels,

Greg