“Best place I have ever stayed”
Review of Old Church Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Church Street
Ranked #149 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed at Chelsea Bed and Breakfastn (Old Church Street as it is listed here on Trip Advisor) for six days in February. It was the first place I stayed on a 27-day trip to Europe, my first trip to Europe ever, and it was the best of all of the places I stayed throughout my entire trip. Nina, the establishment's host and proprietor, is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. My flight arrived around 9 am and I was able to check-in as soon as I arrived, which I didn't expect, but really appreciated. My room, on the top floor was huge, with a huge bathroom with a shower and tub, a heated towel rack, two large closets, a desk, a big television, a sofa, a chair with a little end table and a night table next to the bed. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I slept great every night. Nina also provided bottled water and in-room necessities to make tea, which was delightful. I contacted Nina and asked about how to adjust the temperature in the room and she nearly immediately brought me up a small heater, which I really appreciated because I am cold all of the time. Nina also has all kinds of things you can borrow, like electrical adapters and guide books, and even a washer and dryer. I didn't try the breakfast she serves every morning because I am not a morning person at all, but from everyone says it's scrumptious. Nina is also amazingly helpful with anything you could need. She provided me with great directions to any where I wanted to go and suggested good places to go to eat, etc. Simply put, Nina is a wonderful person to meet and to stay with in London. Chelsea Bed and Breakfast is in a safe, beautiful neighborhood in Chelsea, a two-minute walk from the King's Road and all of the shopping and dining that it offers, and a less than ten-minute walk from the South Kensington tube station. I hope I am lucky enough to stay there again on my next trip to London.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank acp0505

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I just got back from staying at the Old Church Street B&B and can not say enough. The location is perfect and the rooms are smartly accommodated and spacious. On top of all this the price can't be beat. Part of me does not wish to write anything because I do not wish for it to become too popular!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank gbrew
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Love staying here. The host was great. I stayed there for 5 days and had a great time. It is located in a central area. I will definitely come back there again. Thanks Nina for everything and see you soon.

Nadine

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Nadine A
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had the pleasure of staying here for a week during the Olympics--what a treat. I really have absolutely nothing to complain about. Our room (on the top floor) was incredibly spacious, well designed, stayed cool and had a large bathroom. Nina, the proprietor really served the perfect balance between being accessible to answer any questions but also give us our space. She let us do our laundry in her basement and serves a great, healthy filling breakfast.

The location for the B&B is perfect. Chelsea is in a very safe, quiet, beautiful neighborhood. Yet, the tube is only a 10 minute walk with access to all of London.

I can't recommend this place enough, as the price is quite reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank metfan99
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

We spent three nights here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our room was modern and spotless and the bathroom was impeccable and well- designed. Nina is a great host, warm and friendly, interesting to talk to, easy-going and not intrusive in the least. Breakfast is cereals, croissants, cheese, tea, coffee, and the most beautiful assortment of fruit. There's good wireless service in the house. The location is 10 minutes walk to the tube and is close to many bus lines. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012