“2nd time, best place ever”
Review of Rowan Park Lodge

and 1 more site!
Rowan Park Lodge
Ranked #133 of 956 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

I've just come back from my 2nd visit to the Rowan Park Lodge. Last time I went alone, this time I was with my girlfriend. We believe it's the cleanest place we've ever stayed at. Moreover, the owner of the place is really friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great as well. I could definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a quiet and nice place in London!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 January 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed at Rowan Park last April for just under a week. I booked Rowan Park because of the pictures of the room, its price, and its reviews. I arrived in London before my boyfriend and Giulia the woman who runs the hotel was kind enough to actually pick me up from the train station closest to the lodge and show me the way to the hotel. She also pointed out local amenities like convenience stores, the bus stops, and which buses take you into central London. Once in the hotel the rooms were beautiful, clean, and modern, definitely a romantic place to stay if you're a couple. Breakfast was included and it was actually fresh breakfast Giulia would cook herself and set out for us to eat when we were ready. My only concern is that the lodge is not near central London and so getting into the city took about 40 minutes to an hour each day, that being said because of its location you save a lot of money for the quality of the service. Giulia was an amazing hostess and we definitely enjoyed our stay. Depending what kind of holiday you're looking to have I would definitely recommend to couples looking for a quiet place to spend time with all the comfort of a large hotel and we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marisol F
Reviewed 27 September 2014

Rowan Park was the ideal place to spend our time in London- myself, my sister and our parents had a fantastic time! The hotel is very clean and extremely well taken care of. The rooms are modern, decorated with a fresh and original touch, and the fact that the place is relatively small guaranteed us a very pleasant and quiet stay! One of the most important things perhaps, Giulia was a wonderful hostess! She made sure to take care of all our needs- starting with breakfast and directions for our trip to London, to picking us up at the station. Moreover, I must mention I have a severe form of germophobia (fear of germs), and she was not only incredibly understanding, but also did everything she could to ensure I have a great time! Although the place might appear far from the city center on the map, it is very simple to get to-a bus and a train is all you need! We were very worried with regards to the means of transportation, but it turned out it wasn't problematic at all! All in all, we were more than impressed with everything this lodge and its amazing hostess had to offer and we would definitely recommend it to anyone who wishes to visit London!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Andreea S
Reviewed 15 September 2014

I had a very hard time trying to locate the place. In the airport nobody knew well where was that.
The service was excellent. Another inconvenient is the tv, has few channels mostly Italians.
The clean service was also normal.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank fmayorga00
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were initially reluctant to book accommodation too far outside of central London but the reviews we read coupled with the great price quoted enticed us into investigating Rowan Park Lodge closer. Although the Lodge featured on hostel sites the actual experience couldn't have been further removed. We booked the luxury double en-suite room which exceeded all expectations. The room provided everything we needed and the decor was superb, with a royal theme running throughout. The memory foam mattress provided us with the most comfortable sleep ever. The balcony was an added bonus and a step away from the hustle and bustle from central London. Giulia was a fantastic host and nothing was too much trouble, she even offered to pick us up from the station on arrival and gave us a lift to the train the next morning! Her continental breakfasts were plentiful and there was so much variety on offer. There was simply nothing else available that would have matched the all round experience of staying at Rowan Park Lodge. Even the route in to the city was a doddle, with regular buses connecting brilliantly to the local train services straight into Victoria station. We will definitely be staying here on all our future visits to London. Thank you for our lovely stay!!

Room Tip: Choose the Royal room, the mattress and the balcony are worth it alone!