“Average Food, Poor Service and Relatively Expensive”
Review of Zizzi - Greenwich

Zizzi - Greenwich
Ranked #4,068 of 24,672 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Zizzi Greenwich is located in the town where the whole concept of time originated. Not really, but it is home to the Royal Observatory which is the base for our entire time zone, GMT (Greenwich mean time). You’ll find clocks of all shapes and sizes lining our walls and nods to the iconic Cutty Sark throughout the restaurant. Each floor has its own unique design and a beautiful open air terrace overlooking the river Thames. Take in the sights of London while sampling the best tastes from Italy. Not a bad way to spend your day.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Early lunch on a busy Sunday in Greenwich with the whole family. I called in advance to reserve a table and booked through my Tastecard. We were sat upstairs - lovely view but very hot (no shade) and not particulalry welcoming / clean environment.

We all had pizza - really average and rather small, especially when considering the Rustica option is aroubd £14 each. When we asked for the bill, the Mgr simply removed from the bill the least expensive pizza (Margherita) despite having told us the 2 for 1 was valid for all of us.

All in all, probably the worst zizzi I have been to - if you are in Greenwich, better options are Pizza Express or Bianco.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I came over for a dinner (no reservation).
We were greeted by a manager (I think so) and we were seated at very nice table.
Our server, Darko N, was absolutely amazing, very attentive and talkative !
The meal was great and the whole atmosphere also.
We'll definitely come back for more !

1  Thank Adanaris
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We try to spend good time during the sunny day today but.... 20 min waiting for menu another 20/25 min waiting for waiter and finally....no one took our order, 2-3 waiters and no one was busy and no interesting about us at all. In all restaurant only two tables were busy so this lunch was very quiet... so after 40 min we just left restaurant... to be honest I don’t like to waste time like today... another time in Zizzi but first time very disappointing...

1  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Here on business with a group of 25. Orders sent two weeks ago, no changes - (it’s not that kind of group.)
Orders almost universally incorrect. Food bland and cold. Wait staff quite friendly but not understanding their prime role - listen and respond to customers. Not allowed to buy drinks at the bar which is bewildering as work groups generally don’t order alcohol as a group. Some items not available, which is unacceptable as they were pre-ordered.
Prime example of chain restaurant in tourist trap location - evidenced further by no replies to any other posted reviews. I’m not expecting a reply to this. I’m not from the area, but I know there are plenty of other options available locally.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went there on June - the place was full but they were able to accommodate us in the third floor. They did took some time to bring us our order, but they apologized. Loved the pizza, and loved even more the desserts! The guy who helped us was really nice, can't say the same thing about the girl.

1  Thank Gabriela C