All reviews elephant and castle tube station after midnight main road full english zone
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We booked a double room with private bathroom for 2 nights in July, which cost around £175. We thought £44pppn was a little steep, especially for a hostel, but it was comparable to the grotty hotel rooms we looked at so chose this as it looked cleaner.

It's convenient from Elephant & Castle tube (a 5-10 minute walk), and we thought the rooms were (although basic) clean and did their job.

One negative was the number of children/young teens. We knew there would be younger groups, but we only saw one other guest over the age of 18 the whole time, and the corridor we were on was full of children (would guess aged 15) who were constantly shouting, playing music, running up and down corridors; all past 11pm one night.

We didn't eat there so can't comment on that. Staff were neither friendly nor unfriendly - just doing their job.

I wouldn't stay again for the same price - maybe £30-35pp per night max for the room we had.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

When I arrived it was very difficult to find the entrance, and once I found it I had to call the reception to get a code to enter to premises (lucky I have a contract phone, anyone without credit would have been well and truly stuck).

The room was very tiny and the bed was a small metal bunk bed with bedding on one end, the mattress was so thin I could feel the metal frame hard up against my back. With that making it hard enough to sleep I was almost sent insane by the broken shower which dripped all night, the noisy traffic sounds which pierced through the thin windows, the loud guests running up and down the corridors and finally the loud creaking of the bed every time I dared to move a millimeter. I could have easily composed a song with all those noses.

After very little sleep I didn't have a great start to my day. I don't think I will be staying here again, next time I need a bed for the night it may be more comfortable to get arrested and spend the night in the cells.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Gina C
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights and during that time the fire alarm went off twice during the night. NOT the best way to be awaken. Even though it is a hostel with a lot of Young people it should be possible to get some sleep without people banging on the for after midnight and screaming and shouting in the hallways.
The rooms are ok and it is clean, even though it looks run down on the outside.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Cheap rooms, elevator broken for a couple of days (and they put us on the 6th floor), crappy breakfast and we weren't automatically included in the breakfast list, so we had to the reception every morning to ask for coupons. They charge you for the towels.
The building is nice, close to buses and metro, and there are many young travelers, so nice atmosphere though.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I went there for a night during mine London visit ln last April. Front desk service was good but I was very disappointed with mine bed it was full of rubbish and and dirty smelly which is forced me to sitting on downstairs balcony rather than sleeping on mine bed over the night.

Oh yeah I was disappointed with they're locker management as well, I was put 3 pounds to use the locker after while I went there to open locker to bring out some necessary stuff after that I tried to lock it again but it's not working when I tell to the a member of stuff in front desk they told me I can use it only once if I open the locker and again I need to use I have to put another £3 which is they don't even mentioned.

Anyway they got plenty of problem but if u want to staying in London over the night with very cheap price still you can been there and you can meet lots of young peoples from around the world which is really great!

Stayed: April 2017