“Yeah, an overall very good hotel”

Novotel London Blackfriars
Ranked #134 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 February 2017

I echo previous comments the location is really, really good. OK, it's not so close to the major tourist sights on the north bank of the Thames, but its proximity to a tube station and Waterloo station, combined with a discount for where it is, make this place a good overall bargain if you want a little more luxury during you stay. The breakfast was good (scrambled eggs a little too runny for my taste, but that's just me) and plentiful. I was really impressed with the competence of the international staff. The gym is adequate. Some very good restaurants on The Cut road, and The Ring pub down the street is quite nice if a bit small. As a fairly new business traveler, I am starting to lean toward the Accor/Novotel line as there seems to be a higher level of standards than some other international chains. Don't know if I'll be back, but if so, this hotel will be at the top of the list.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
NovotelBlackfriars, General Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us, thank you! I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and if you are returning that we are "top of the list".... really pleased to read this! We look forward to welcoming you back. Many thanks. Jacqui McMillan - General Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Spent 1 night in this nice, well located hotel last week for my Daughters 11th Birthday. My wife and 2 young children wanted a based for two days which was well located, clean and with a swimming pool at a competitive rate, Novotel Blackfriars ticked all the boxes. The hotel was modern and stylish and the rooms were spacious (compered to other London hotel) the bathroom was nice.Our room was 214 and the queen size beds and two sofa beds were comfy, the room had plenty of storage space and the TV was a decent size flat screen. We all had a good night's sleep and even the wife said what a nice, peaceful sleep she had.
The swimming pool was big enough and not too crowded.
Outside near the hotel were a couple of mini supermarkets, pubs, restaurants and take away places. There were several tube stations nearby ( Southwark tube was short walk around the corner)
The only thing which was a little disappointing was that because we were in a family room the view was not great ( I believe all family rooms are located on the first 2 levels) I heard that some of the upper levels have magnificent views over London. But that is small gripe, and we plan to return to London next year and will definitely rebook this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
NovotelBlackfriars, General Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about the Birthday weekend you celebrated with us. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and most of all had a peaceful sleep :). Please let me know when you are returning and I can allocate you a higher floor next time! Looking forward to seeing you again. Many thanks. Jacqui McMillan - General Manager

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Very good location near the tube station. Excellent and very friendly! A modern hotel. The stuff was polite and friendly. The rooms are spacious. It was a great experience!
I suggest this hotel to all the travelers to London.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
NovotelBlackfriars, General Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

WOW another 5/5. Fantastic feedback about your stay, thank you so much!!!! I am so proud when I read reviews like this and the team were thrilled when I shared it with them too. I am sure we are going to welcome you back in the future and we look forward to it. Thanks again! Jacqui McMillan & The Team at Blackfriars

Reviewed 7 February 2017

This hotel has a great location (deceptively good), lovely rooms, spaces, gym and most importantly, the warmest welcome possible. Real people giving a really personal welcome and service. Novotel Blackfriars really tries harder, every time. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelBlackfriars, General Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

We love your review! As a regular guest it really means so much to us that you feel so at home here and welcomed by myself and the team. THANK YOU Ged M and we will continue to look after you every time you come and stay! Jacqui & The Team at Novotel London Blackfriars

Reviewed 7 February 2017

The room was fantastic, bed very comfy although there were only 2 pillows on the bed when we arrived, the front desk team quickly sorted extra pillows for us when we asked.
The pool and sauna area was perfect for a lazy Sunday morning.
Again the reception team were outstanding, looking after our bags while we took a leisurely walk along the South Bank after checking out.
Thanks for a great stay, would definitely visit and have already recommended you to friends.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

What a fantastic review, thank you so much for taking the time to write this and share your experience! We are delighted that you have already recommended us to your friends and I am sure that we will welcome you back again in the future. Many thanks. Jacqui McMillan - General Manager