“Most unhappy with this hotel”

Novotel London Blackfriars
Ranked #120 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 October 2017

OK so the hotel rooms aren't bad except that the shower drain was at a rate of about half the flow rate and as it was a wet room, wasn't long before the floor was flooded. But this is nothing compared to the reception I received. Reception is small and right next door to the restaurant. I arrived about 8.30pm tired and hungry only to find that there was a live music event happening in the combined/restaurant bar that was so loud that I had trouble getting the receptionist to hear me never mind understand me. As I said I had not eaten since lunchtime and expected to use the hotel BUT this is the only restaurant and absolutely no way of getting away from the NOISE to eat in peace & quiet. Left with having to find somewhere to eat (not a lot of choice in this part of London) and went to the pub across the road which fortunately was still serving food (kitchen closes at 9pm). No way would I expect this from a supposedly top hotel chain - one more visit as i ahve already booked later this month but then never again. Also don't understand why breakfast is much more expensive than teh Novotel Paddington which is much nicer 9both food and ambience) - could it be they know that there are not many options in this part of London and taking the michael?

Room Tip: Check to make sure there is no live music event before booking
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Alec T
NovotelBlackfriars, Front Office Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel London Blackfriars. I am really sorry that all the aspects of your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I had the chance to meet you on the day of your departure and personally apologise for the music level, as this was due to a very special occasion. We were hosting a charity evening on behalf of the Teenage Cancer Trust. The Teenage Cancer Trust provides world-class support and care for young people across the UK facing cancer.
I have passed your comments regarding the flood in your room to our Maintenance Manager and I can ensure you that he will be taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.
I can assure you that at Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Everything we spoke and we agreed during our conversation on your day of departure has been put in place and communicated to all departments.
Once again we appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back and offer you a hassle free experience.
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,468)

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed for three nights in this hotel, all the staff were superb however Chamo was simply amazing, he made our stay so memorable and enjoyable. I travelled with my parents and my 16 year old son, we had two rooms opposite each other with excellent views across the city, the hotel is in the perfect location, a 2 min walk from Southwark tube station and a 10 min walk to the south bank. The facilities in the hotel were also excellent and a perfect way to relax after a busy day sight seeing. We never waited long to speak to someone at reception and the ladies were happy to help with any requests. Chamo was very accommodating and was excellent with all the guest, especially the children, he even managed to make my tired teenager smile and laugh. This will now be my hotel of choice whenever I visit London.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel and we checked in, the staff were very polite and helpful. Chamo made my birthday even more special by surprising me at breakfast with a chalkboard saying happy birthday and a heart shaped balloon,then when I just finished eating my breakfast they brought a cake out and started singing happy birthday I was so pleased and loved it. The rooms were really nice and clean. They offered us umbrellas that we could leave anywhere for free and you could borrow quinny buggy’s for small children with no cost at all.

1  Thank MaliMango321
NovotelBlackfriars, Front Office Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you so much for this fantastic review following your stay with us.
Chamo really like special occasion and love every opportunity to make our guests feel special and welcome. I can assure you that he will be delighted to read your comment.
Once Again, we appreciate such a fantastic feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit at the hotel.
Front Office Manager.

WE LOVED OUR STAY!!

We arrived at 12ish and were able to check in to our rooms. On our arrival children were given lovely gifts and they found out that one of our daughters was celebrating a birthday - they made an extra special fuss of her.

I had booked two double rooms we were given two double rooms that were joining by a foyer. Ideal for two families travelling together. Rooms were spacious for a family and bathroom and a quirky shower feature. Clean and nice linen. When we arrived in the room we were surprised to have a balloon and card for my daughter plus complimentary Prosecco & soft drink.

Breakfast was available 7-11. We arrived and the table had been prepared for our party with a lovely sign saying happy birthday and they also brought out a cake with fruits and candle and sang happy birthday. The buffet breakfast had a good selection and we started the day with full bellies ready for our day ahead. All the staff were friendly and professional, Chamo the maître d’hotel was A-MAZING he made our stay extra special and our kids were very well looked after.

Pool was great. Only down side is that there is no parking, nearest is a 15 mins walk to Waterloo £20 for 24hrs. We checked out at 12 but they held our bags for us to enjoy our last day.

We will definitely be returning!

1  Thank mecosian

You loved your stay and WE LOVED YOUR COMMENT! We take so much pride to make our guests feel welcome and special that this kind of comment is the best reward we can received. I can assure you that all our team and Especially Chamo will be delighted to read your comment.
I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff to continually surprise our guests.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We visited 3 days for business trip and the hotel was comfortable overall. Staff was helpful and polite. Breakfast buffer was good, i really like their traditional English sausages and others food there. I high recommend this hotel to you and the price is reasonable.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your great 5 star review following your stay with us. It is much appreciated to receive such a positive feedback.
It is a real pleasure to read your satisfaction with our Staff and Breakfast.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit.
Yours sincerely