“Great fish restaurant”

Bonnie Gull Seafood Shack
Ranked #416 of 24,258 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$28 - US$56
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Fresh, sustainable, British day-boat seafood, served on small plates. A concise exciting wine list all available by glass & bottle. Ska and reggae soundtrack. Buzzy vibrant seafood joint with chefs serving customers directly over the bar in the compact open kitchen. Expect a showcase of the best seafood from British shores, a daily changing menu and plenty of cooking theatre!
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Small venue but good food & service must book at weekends, intimate dining, super wines list, a little pricey.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Small upmarket fish restaurant serving all fresh local fish. Nice environment friendly attentive service. All dishes were nicely presented fresh and tasted good. Can recommend for casual or business lunches primarily cater for small numbers.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Such a nice find. It's small and on a quiet street in Fitzrovia. We had lunch there on a Sunday, and only a few tables were occupied. The place is simple, but the chalkboard announces the provenance of all the fish they serve, which is kinda cool. We had really nice salted cod croquettes with a squid ink aioli and the great fish and chips with beef-dripping potato wedges. Everything was light, fresh, and delicious. A small selection of beers seems to have been curated to go with the food. When you crave unfancy, this is a really good option in London.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

This is a small informal restaurant on Foley Street. My partner and I booked a table at the restaurant in January. We arrived @10 minutes before our booking and were shown downstairs to sit and wait with the menu. We were a bit surprised to be seated downstairs because only three tables had people on them.It would have been better to have shown us to our table where we could have sat and viewed the menu in comfort. Eventually we were seated at our table but had to wait quite a while for our order to be taken. I had the mussels to start, my partner the oysters which were okay. For mains we both had the cod with samphire, pesto and chunky chips. This was good but I wouldn't rave about it. We shared a sticky toffee pudding for dessert, which was average. To drink we had a bottle of French white wine.
It was a pleasant evening but not sure if I would go back, mainly due to the slow service and prices charged for average food.

2  Thank enlighten2016
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely meal. I started with Cullen Skink that was small but extremely tasty. My main course was Peterhead cod with smoked almond pesto, which was very tasty, but the fat chips served with my Mrs' haddock were fantastic so I had to indulge. A dessert of salted caramel ice cream with blackcurrant sorbet finished the meal off perfectly. It was very good.