“Steakhouse ”
Review of Black and Blue

Black and Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Black and Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,202 of 23,992 Restaurants in London
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The restaurant Black and Blue was a discovery I made on my visit to London. The food is good and was near to where I stayed. A must try if you’re around Waterloo

Reviewed 12 November 2017

This was a delightful find on our walk to the Churchill tavern. We found only Thai food there and we were not in the mood. Further down the street we found Black and Blue. What a find! Excellent staff combined with a great menu and wine list. So good we went back for breakfast the next morning. Highly recommend.

1  Thank colonelkabob
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My first night in London was me solo, as the rest of my group wasn't due until the next day. I walked around quite a bit looking for a place to eat and when I saw this place, they had a blue sign above the door that said "STEAK" and that was enough for me to go in.

I told the hostess that I was a single diner for the evening, and she said not to worry, that they would take good care of me, and sure enough, they did.

My table wasn't the greatest, near the stairs that lead up to the upper floor, but it was one of the few two tops they had, and I wasn't about to occupy a four top if I was dining solo.

My server was attentive, but they actually utilize the team approach here, or at least they did with me. I ordered the shrimp appetizer, which was delicious, as well as the ribeye with green beans. I also asked for a beer, which came quick.

Somebody who I hadn't seen before delivered my shrimp, and not long after I started eating those delicious shrimp, that person came back and asked me how everything tasted.

Not long after that, my beer was empty, and I was promptly asked if I wanted another one by yet another individual.

My meal was delivered by the original person who took my order and the food actually tasted pretty good. Was it the best steak I've ever had, not by a long shot, but it was certainly very good, considering that i had been walking around on my first day, was tired from traveling, and hungry. This place certainly hit the spot and gave me a very positive experience.

I want to say thank you to the staff for making me, being on my own as a single diner, very well taken care of!

1  Thank dolphin80
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Great atmosphere, very friendly staff and excellent food. The champagne by the glass was delicious. The food was very tasty and good vege options. Loved the grilled salmon.

1  Thank Lynda T
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We came here after work on a Friday evening, ordered the cote de boeuf (for 2), it arrived on the table and was left for us to slice ourselves, what was edible was very good, but unfortunately there was barely enough lean meat on this cut to feed one person and at £39 it seemed very over priced. The chips were deep frozen and very like MacDonalds, the salad was good. Being close to Waterloo, they obviously benefit from a passing trade, which was obviously why we felt we were being rushed so they could turn the table around. We will not eat here again, Borough Market is far better.